Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Things that make cooking easier for you

Tila

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 3:33 pm
I have been blessed to have my uncle help us repair our house that is constantly in repair. He was taking a break and watching me make lemon cheese cake. I was zesting a lemon and he suggested an easier way to do the task. Get a rasp at the hardware store. The blade is enough and it is only $1 and works sooooooooooooo well!!

ALSO>>>>>>>>>>instead of oil in cake mix I used reduced fat Mayo, WOW was shabbos cake amazing!! Any other cool ideas, or is this a worn out topic??

klotzkashe

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 9:19 pm
I use a splatter-guard that's used normally for frying to strain my chicken soup. Just rest it over another pot and pour the soup through!

ALso, when making any vegetable soups start with a good base of mixed frozen veggies. u can always add zuchini onion potato etc. later.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 9:26 pm
sorry - I"m pretty simple. my life is made much easier by the invention of disposable tin pans!!!!

chen

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 9:54 pm
a 4-qt inexpensive nonstick pareve pot. I cook almost everything in it . actually I now have 2 so that when I make lokshen or rice kugel I can make 2 at a time, or two cakes at a time (I use the pot as a mixing bowl). I say inexpensive b/c I have a real high-quality heavy stainless steel pareve stockpot that I rarely use b/c it takes so long to heat up. by the time the water boils in this pot, the whole dish has been cooked in the cheaper pot.

mother48

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 11:19 am
use the crushed garlic that comes in cubes frozen. easy to pop out with out any mess or effort.

sunnymom

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 11:45 pm
I find that sometimes the frozen garlics don't taste so fresh - do you find that too?

DL

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 8:42 pm
I find that good knives are a must. I love my ceramic knives. They are from Kyocera if anyone is interested. Also I just got a peeler from them. It is so smooth.

shoy18

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 8:49 pm
I bought the crisco oil that looks like a tide container and it has measurments on the cap, great because you dont get anything all greasy. and I just keep refilling it.

happyone

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 10:24 pm
Take out?! -- that definately makes cooking easier

Crayon210

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 10:24 pm
shoy, that is so cool!!

technic

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 4:13 am
happyone wrote:
Take out?! -- that definately makes cooking easier

or a maid Wink

JEWISHMAMA

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 6:46 am
disposible plates for the kids.
Also aluminium pans.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen