Home

HIP medicaid + Eyeglasses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Savta

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 15 2009, 12:33 am       Post subject: HIP medicaid + Eyeglasses
I know hip medicaid covers for eye glasses but I'm not sure do they cover for the whole thing or just part?

If they cover for the whole thing where do I go for that and can you get kids a normal looking pair? My local eyeglasses store told me depending on the frame he might be able to take off $20.

greenfire

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 15 2009, 12:53 am       Post subject:
you have to look up in the booklet they give you - or call the # on the back of your card - to find the places that take care of the eyeglasse coverage ... a $20 discount is a joke since they're quite expensive these days ... if you're lucky the optician will have a variety to choose from that the kid will like ...
NUTso but cute ~ things balance out Nervous

momomany

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 15 2009, 7:18 am       Post subject: re: HIP medicaid + Eyeglasses
ask Clearview what they can do - Boro Park 46th street 13th avenue

ruthla

Post Posted: Sun, Jun 07 2009, 4:10 pm       Post subject:
I'm also on HIP Medicaid and I got my glasses (and my son's glasses) at my HIP center. I don't know if they would have covered anything if I'd gone elsewhere.

My son's glasses were completely free, but mine were $25 because one of the coatings I wanted wasn't covered (might have been the UV coating, I forget which.)

Your best bet is to call HIP and ask for details about your specific plan.
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Page 1 of 1