Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Best advice I ever had
1  2  Next

southernbubby

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 7:45 am
What is the best advice that you have ever had? The one that comes to my mind first is the advice of a rabbi that said when everything in the house is upside down and you can't tell your hands from your feet, PICK ONE THING TO DO FIRST! It doesn't matter what that thing is, laundry, dishes, or clutter. If you pick one thing, the rest will follow. That was good advice because I never knew which order the work should go in and spent too much time trying to decide! So everyone, please share if someone gave you some good advice.

imasenior

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 8:13 am
Best advice I had was:
Stay home when your kids are young - I did.....
and -
Go to work when they are older - I do ( I teach Highschool).....

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 8:15 am
how about "sleep when the baby sleeps?" though I don't always follow the advice...why I am online now when my two kids are napping?? good question!

gryp

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 10:16 am
"the most important things you'll ever learn is what you learn after you already know everything."
Very Happy

technic

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 10:18 am
RG wrote:
"the most important things you'll ever learn is what you learn after you already know everything."
Very Happy

Thumbs Up

southernbubby

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 10:24 am
I remember some more advice from that same rabbi. "The child who can't find his hat can't find his head". He was talking about having a place for everything.

realeez

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 10:46 am
I heard rest when the baby sleeps b/c if you try to go to sleep and you can't fall asleep right away or the baby wakes you up as soon as you fall asleep, you will be disappointed.

happyone

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 10:55 am
take the advice from a bottle of aspirin.
When you are angry and out of control - "take two aspirin and keep away from children!"

queen

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 11:00 am
happyone wrote:
"take two aspirin and keep away from children!"

that was very funny! LOL LOL

realeez

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 11:18 am
lol!

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 2:22 pm
"When one leaves this world family and friends will be the only thing that will matter"

"Be a mom to u'r kids when u'r young and when u grow old they will mum u"

"Think b/4 u speak"

Frumom

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 3:14 pm
Always look at a glass with liquid as half full, not half empty. Basically- BE POSITIVE!!! Very Happy Really helps with everything

chen

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 4:36 pm
Prepare your clothes the night before.

hisorerus

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 4:43 pm
Only do one thing.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 4:48 pm
Be "in the moment".

elisecohen

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 5:35 pm
The best advice I ever got was from my kallah teacher. She told me to be very machmir about taharas hamishpacha, but never to make myself crazy! Over the years I've generalized her words to a lot of different areas--be very careful, but don't make yourself crazy.

imanut

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 6:20 pm
better to spend a lot of money once on something nice than to waste money often on cheap things that you don't really like.

red sea

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 9:21 am
I really like that one imanut.
And southernbubby, thanx for this thread, ingenious!

"Enjoy your engagement. You'll never again have such a carefree time together again with youthful energy and no responsibilities."

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 6:36 pm
elisecohen wrote:
The best advice I ever got was from my kallah teacher. She told me to be very machmir about taharas hamishpacha, but never to make myself crazy! Over the years I've generalized her words to a lot of different areas--be very careful, but don't make yourself crazy.

by being machmir, she probably meant be MAKPID - keep everything properly. My kallah teacher said never to be machmir on your husband's cheshbon. meaning, if you don't think the bedika is ok, don't be machmir - show a rov to decide!

Crayon210

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 8:38 pm
red sea wrote:
"Enjoy your engagement. You'll never again have such a carefree time together again with youthful energy and no responsibilities."

Oy. I HATED being engaged. It was such a stressful time in my life. My advice to every relative/friend/acquaintance/stranger whom I encounter that is engaged:

"GET MARRIED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. NO THAT'S NOT A GOOD REASON TO WAIT. NO, THAT'S NOT EITHER. NOW NOW NOW!"
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics