Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Stroller to Kosel

amother

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 5:17 pm
Is it reasonable to take a large bulky double jogging stroller to the kosel? Are there too many stairs?

baba

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 5:25 pm
Where are you coming from? Bus 1 and 2 stop right in front, so no stairs. If you're coming from the 38 or walking, dont go through the old city, but follow the road down from the car park.

Health is a Virture

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 3:50 pm
it would depend on when you are going to the stroller. I once went when it was a very busy time and I would not recommend bringing a huge stroller...but I need it to get to the kotel (as we generally walk far to get there), so next time when it is very very busy time I will not bring the stroller into the women's section. otherwise, it's not crazy at all to bring it.

ss321

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 4:31 pm
depends how you are getting there and what time of day (or what x of week you are going)
definitely dont walk thru the old city with it, there are tons of stairs and while a maclaren or something light and easy you might be able to fold and bring down the stairs (while someone else holds your baby and your older kid walks), that would b really hard with a mountain buggy or something like that

take a cab to the bottom of the hill, right by the gate and then there are no stairs at all.

and if you go like erev shabbos, when there are bound to be alot of people, keep in mind there might be pushing and shoving, its tough with a stroller! dont try to get all the way close to the kosel. that would be very tough with a stroller... and a bit unfair to everyone else davening...

(in short if there is a way to get there sans stroller - do it. if its gonna be u and your DH, its seriously easier to each be "in charge" of one kid - you with the baby, Dh with your older one, and thats it....then try to deal with it in that area. just my $.02)

granolamom

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 8:04 pm
if possible, I would avoid bringing a stroller. last time we went I wore the baby, dh carried the toddler.

Aribenj

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 11:37 pm
It depends when you go. I wend once during chol hamoed succos and it was impossible. The sheer pressure of the throngs of people trying to get into the women's section was enough to make the stroller feel like it was about to fall apart (and it was a good stroller too!) and it really scared my 11 month old at the time. It also ruined my whole kotel experience for the day with all the women pushing, shoving and yelling at each other...

mamacita

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 12:48 am
My Phil & ted did fine in the old city. anything longer wouldn't fit into some of the alleyways (possible routes to the kotel) and they aren't easy to get down those stairs in a crowd. Like others have said, coming from the 1,2,3 isn't so bad. Coming from the 38 stop down the street is hard because of the steep incline and the lack of space if there is a lot of traffic. When it's empty of cars it's not so bad though.

Mrs.K

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 4:05 am
I once took a stroller to Meron on Lag Baomer. Now I can do anything! :-)

Seriously though, having transportation up to the bottom is ideal. If you are ok bumping a stroller down all the steps, go for it. If you are going the other way, straight down the hill, that would be easier but there are a lot of cars for a big bulky thing to be in the way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics