Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
ISO Closet Systems

bashinda

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 2:45 pm
B"H, we moved into a condo. The condo is great and has typical tiny NY bedrooms but nice sized closets. (not walk in except for the master bedroom). I was thinking that I should make a closet system in lieu of getting dressers in one or two of the kids' bedrooms and use the needed space to eventually put a desk/hutch/bookcase thing for them.

Has anyone used closet systems? I was thinking of getting rubbermaid as that seems the most affordable even though I'd have to pay someone to help me put it together.

Also a question: My closet came with a nice shelf. Is it possible to use the shelf as part of the closet system? Everytime I look at different companies they start with an enclosure that has nothing and the shelf is nice. I'd rather leave it in.

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 3:04 pm
Do you have the budget to hire someone to do all of this for you ? I think they're called Personal Organizers or some such.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 3:09 pm
Bashinda - we used Closetmaid from Home Depot for our walk in. For one kids room we did shelves on either side & hanging in the middle - 2 rails. For the other which is a tiny closet, we did a wood shelf & 2 rails.

SingALong

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 3:11 pm
I did california closet for my coat closet and my DD's closet. I would love to do mine and the baby's and the guest room and the pantry with them but they are very expensive. I find they provide the best work. a called made an appointment, a guy came down I showed him the closets, he measured, I told him what I need. he was great, infomative, they used cards, give great visual aids as to what your closet will look like. you can google them

3Qts

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 3:19 pm
I went to http://www.easyclosets.com/ and designed it there which is very very easy and then I went to home depot and bought everything for alot lot cheaper.

I have alot of closets so all the clothing/underwear/Pajamas are in the closet. (part of the closets I made into drawers)

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 3:33 pm
You can also look at stores (online or in person) like The Container Store and see what is available and what suits you. What fun to build a totally new space for yourself and your family !!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics