Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When are you planning on turning your kitchen?
1  2  3  Next

When do you plan to turn over your kitchen?
Before Shabbos HaGadol  
 11%  [ 11 ]
Motzie Shabbot  
 14%  [ 13 ]
Sunday  
 23%  [ 22 ]
Monday  
 8%  [ 8 ]
Tuesday  
 9%  [ 9 ]
Wednesday Morning  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't! We're going to be away :)  
 21%  [ 20 ]
I don't! We'll be home but not cooking.  
 9%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 92

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 4:15 am
When do you plan to change over from chamatz to Pesach? Do you have a time in the middle (like when everything is clean but you can't cook because the city hasn't done the kashering yet? Are you cooking for Seder or not?

fiddle

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 4:18 am
I think that gives enough time to cook for me and ill start earlier, say with the fridge and cabinets but the oven and the rest will be done by monday the latest.

yeh im cooking for the seder, but not too hard. we're a small family

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 4:20 am
fiddle wrote:
I think that gives enough time to cook for me and ill start earlier, say with the fridge and cabinets but the oven and the rest will be done by monday the latest.

yeh im cooking for the seder, but not too hard. we're a small family

Yeah, I meant when it was giong to be totally done, not when you were planning on starting LOL

I'm hoping to be done MOnday also. I'm not cooking, but I don't like leaving things until the last minute. Plus do won't be home at all to help so I need to make sure I have time to do it myself.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 4:20 am
I hope before Shabbos and to cook the Shabbos foods in Pesach pots and serve it onto paperware in the kitchen, then take it to the (still chometz) dining room. I will still keep things like chummous etc in the fridge.

There is enough to do Sun - Wed: cooking, laundry, cleaning the dining room (I leave it till last), shopping etc.

malki22

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 4:44 am
Im hoping that we can go to my sil who is coming to me for peasach for the last shabbos. Smile If thats the case then I will make sure everything is peasachdik by Thursday and kasher the kitch on mts. I guess those of us without kids have it easier.

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 5:10 am
Where's the option for "I have a Pesach kitchen, B"H"?

Very Happy

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 6:32 am
mummy-bh wrote:
Where's the option for "I have a Pesach kitchen, B"H"?

Very Happy

Ooops, sorry.

Marion

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 7:07 am
Where's the option "Do I have to?"

I have no clue. And yes, I'm cooking. So I guess Wednesday morning? Seriously, I think Tuesday we're going on a family trip to IKEA, since we're all off, and Wednesday morning, between birkat hachama & biur chametz, well, the early morning's gone. Maybe our DHs can get everyone out of the house after biur chametz so I can finish?

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 8:44 am
Marion wrote:
Where's the option "Do I have to?"

I have no clue. And yes, I'm cooking. So I guess Wednesday morning? Seriously, I think Tuesday we're going on a family trip to IKEA, since we're all off, and Wednesday morning, between birkat hachama & biur chametz, well, the early morning's gone. Maybe our DHs can get everyone out of the house after biur chametz so I can finish?

You can bring them here for a bit. We'll be leaving pretty early. But we're up early. I have no qualms about a 6:30 playdate Very Happy

Seraph

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 9:09 am
I generally clean the fridge, oven, and stove 2 or 3 days before. So that would mean like sunday or monday or tuesday. Same with my cabinets- I clean them at least a couple of days before, so I have room to put my pesach food. Probably wont lock up my cabinets or do the sinks and kasher the counters, etc.. till at least tuesday, probably wednesday. And yes, I'm cooking for the seder and having some guests.

zigi

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 9:37 am
hopefully I will turn over the kitchen starting motzei shabbos. like clean the refrigerator etc... and sink. then not use it on sunday and then by sunday night monday the kitchen is pesachdik. I hope this plan will work.

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 9:39 am
tuesday...

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 10:28 am
BE"H I ho0pe to kasher thursday night before shabbos hagadol. We hope to go to a hotel for shabbos hagadol. This way I can do my hardware and grocery shopping on Sunday, and cook on Monday and Tuesday. I'm not eating the sedarim home but will IYH eat home all the other seudos and suppers etc. so I have a lot to cook, and a limited time - I can only do so while DS1 is in cheder, from 10 to 3, while keeping DS2 out of trouble. So two five-hour spans should hopefully be enough.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 10:36 am
I really don't know. DH will tell me. Smile

I imagine we'll do as other years; get takeout food for Shabbos. And eat the challah rollls in bags, and on the porch.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 10:42 am
to the OP: what does the city have to do with your own kashering? Here in NY no cities kasher as a whole.

shayna82

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 10:46 am
I think if we can go to my inlaws for shabbos meals (they are going away) then already on friday I will start locking up cabinets, and putting stuff away like the dish drainers and all that, go plastic for the last few cereals... hopefully we will do the kitchen on sunday, and I can start cooking monday morning and tuesday. plan on being done cooking tuesday night and use wednesday for the rest of the cleaning, getting guests room set up, carpet cleaners coming then, plus a cleaning lady. and hopefully hubby will be home then too.

Seraph

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 10:47 am
in israel they have hagala booths, where you bring in your stuff that have to be kashered, and they kasher it for you. I've never done it like that, but my husband used to do that growing up.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 10:50 am
I plan on Kashering before Shabbos, but who knows how it will end up working out.
I have my cleaning lady on Tuesdays, so this coming Tuesday I have to finish everything besides for the kitchen, and the following Tuesday I have to have everything finished.
I can't really leave Pesach cleaning for the Tuesday before Yom Tov. That would be risking too much.
So hopefully when she comes on Tuesday before Pesach, she can clean for Yom Tov and do the odds and ends.
We are not home for most of the Yom Tov meals. (I don't Kasher my oven or prepare my stovetop. I use electric burners, since we don't have to cook that much.) But we will need food for the house, meals here and there, and suppers for Chol Hamoed.
Let's just hope that everybody's plans... go as planned be"H!

supermama2

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 11:02 am
Totally done on Sunday so I can start cooking for Yom Tov. Smile

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 11:04 am
Seraph wrote:
in israel they have hagala booths, where you bring in your stuff that have to be kashered, and they kasher it for you. I've never done it like that, but my husband used to do that growing up.

Yes, that's what I meant. I assumed they had mass kashering in other places also. I know a couple of years ago before my neighbor realized how late they do the kashering here, she cleaned her whole kitchen but couldn't finish the grates and was stuck not being able to cook. She didn't want to mess up her Pesach cleaning / waiting 24 hours by cooking with chamatz pots, but she couldn't use her Pesach pots yet since she hadn't kashered the grates. Lucky her neighbor (yours truely Very Happy ) was going away for all of Pesach and happy to loan her a flame so she could cook her kids an egg or 2.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics