Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Weight Loss Ideas

LubavitchLeah

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 9:53 am
I need to lose a TON of weight, like half my size needs to dissapear.
There is Curves, Changes for women, Promenade Gymn, Dr Poon, Dr Brown (Pvt Weight loss Dr,s), Weight watchers?

Advice anyone, preferences?

shayna82

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 10:10 am
I can tell you what I do and maybe it will be good for you:

I go to an all womens gym (not curves, a REAL gym) three-four times a week.

There I do 45-60 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, eliptical, or bike -either all three 20 minutes each, or just one.

done with that, then I do 40 minutes of weight training followed by 15 minutes of just abs.

Ive lost a lot of weight doing this.

I also just got pilates dvds for at home work outs when I cant get to the gym.

in addition, I dont eat any junk food or candy during the week but on shabbod day I do a little. I dont drink soda or juice, just water, and once in a while apple juice. three meals a day and very little snacks in between, no carbs snacks.

good luck!!!

cindy324

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 11:24 am
Quote:
There I do 45-60 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, eliptical, or bike -either all three 20 minutes each, or just one.

done with that, then I do 40 minutes of weight training followed by 15 minutes of just abs.

shock That's almost a 2hr. workout! I'm happy when I make it through the hour that I do. Good for you!
Could you tell me what kind of weight training you do? You do dumbbells as well as machines? What moves ? How many reps each? How heavy are the weights? I do weigh training, but I want to step it up a bit, and I only do about 20-30 minutes, would love to do more ,but it seems to work out that way!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 11:28 am
I lost 30 lbs at the end of 2004.

I do 45-an hour of weights or yoga/pilates each day. I do 45 minutes of exercise bike or walking every single night.

Double of the above every Sunday!

I eat l.f. yogurt & coffee for breakfast and a big salad for lunch with protein. Carbs only with dinner.

Bli ayin horah – so far, so good!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen