Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Looking for good Cleaning company to clean entire house

Butterfly

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 5:48 pm
What I use to do (almost) every year, was hire cleaning ladies from agencies, ( I don't have a steady one during the year.)
I estimated that the cost of hiring strange cleaning ladies for apr a 'full week', to wash the walls, window shades, windows, furniture, appliances, fridge, stove, floors etc etc.
And as they clean, I usually work twice as hard, and always end up doing most of the cleaning... That is too strenuous for me right now, since I injured my right shoulder.. and since I didn't get to do much yet.. for various reasons.. I estimated that if I'd hire from the agency for at least 5 days of next week.. I might as well hire from a reliable company that does the job well, and maybe it won't even cost more in total?? What
I just don't have the energy nor patience to watch them 'agency ladies' all week long.. Rolling Eyes
Anyone know of a good and reliable company?
Anyone did it before? what are the pros and cons..?
What do they do? and what won't they do?

\

cindy324

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 8:13 pm
Try Merry Maids if you're in the US

http://merrymaids.com/

Butterfly

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 8:22 pm
Thank you Cindy,

The company you suggested does not have anything available in my area.
I punched in my zip code, and received an immediate 'unavailable in your neighborhood' reply.. Confused

I appreciate your trying though. Smile

BTW, I live in Boro Park, Brooklyn, N.Y.

mom of girls

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 9:27 pm
try c.leaning depot or pcc. they are both cleaning agencies. you can find them in the local phone directory

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 10:14 pm
what is the difference between a cleaning company and a cleaning agency ...

they won't vacuum out your pockets ...

Butterfly

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 4:31 am
greenfire wrote:
what is the difference between a cleaning company and a cleaning agency ...

they won't vacuum out your pockets ...

The difference is that a company sends a crew of 3-4-5?? experienced men. They have certain cleaning machines - steam 'magic'..- and they do the entire house in a few hours.
Where-as at the regular agencies, you hire one shiksa - experienced or not, depending on who is available. Usually the good ones have their own steady jobs... and it takes many days, for one, to do the job that the crew does in 3-4 hours.
I know it's not a popular thing to do, and I'm still not sure if it's a good idea. and that is why I'm asking others if they have any such experiences..

I know people hire from cleaning companies.. to clean up, after doing major renovations in (empty) houses or offices.

BTW. even if I'd hire from the agency, I wouldn't use them for cleaning the drawers, nor the pockets.. Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry