Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Where did you/will you buy yom tov clothing for your kids?
1  2  Next

Mommish

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:59 am
I still haven't finished getting everyone's yomtov clothes & looking for ideas.

R&RMom

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 11:01 am
I went to Childrens Place and bout their usual dresses for the girls and vest/pants/shirt (matching) for my son.
A lot of the stuff is on sale now!
Good Luck

frumluv

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 11:09 am
Got a suit jacket from Marshalls for $8, shirt $7 The tie from Syms. Now all I need are slacks.

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 11:11 am
R&RMom wrote:
I went to Childrens Place and bout their usual dresses for the girls and vest/pants/shirt (matching) for my son.
A lot of the stuff is on sale now!
Good Luck

I did the same.
On sale, matching boys and girls, ordered online. Doesn't get more convenient then that.

Pineapple

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 9:34 pm
Pretty Princess!

She has adorable things

If you want the number pm me

octopus

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 9:37 pm
I didn't get from the children's place because I didn't think they had such great deals right now. and the stuff was linen and I didn't want to deal with that. But they have a great website and their stores are easy to navigate.

This year, I went to sears. the children's department had everything 40% off. They had four piece (sweater) vest outfits and blazer outfits and suit vest outfits (came with shirt, pants and tie). They also had beautiful dresses and many of them can be used as jumpers. Their website is awful though. and in the store is overwhelming. The prices weren't any better than the children's place, but the stuff wasn't linen!

mommee

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:00 pm
It may sound crazy but I make the rounds: childrens place (which I was disappointed with this season), S&D, century 21, babies r us and then if I don't find enough suitable outfits or good deals there I go to the frum stores....

debsters1101

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:08 pm
ooo mrs k I ordered online too did your dresses come all wrinkled? mine did and I cant get the wrinkles out!!

momsprince

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:08 pm
I found matching boy and girl on Hanna Anderson's website. Very Cute.

octopus

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:24 pm
debsters1101 wrote:
ooo mrs k I ordered online too did your dresses come all wrinkled? mine did and I cant get the wrinkles out!!

were they linen? if so, I think it needs ironing.

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:26 pm
frumluv wrote:
Now all I need are slacks.

if you're in flatbush, or interested in coming, I sell boys clothing and got in beautiful black dress pants (washable too!) in all sizes.

miriam

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:33 pm
Do you have Burlington Coat Factory near you? I spent $29/ dress for my daughters and found a cute suit for my 11 month old.

debsters1101

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:38 pm
no worse they're cotton. I tried ironing but it says to iron on the reverse, and since the dresses are poofy the reverse has more material than the front so the ironing "doesnt go through". so 2 dresses I said whats the difference and ironed the fronts. but one has decorations (this one http://www.childrensplace.com/.....girls) and im scared

Mrs.K

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 2:21 am
Since I'm in Israel, I don't have the luxury of being able to shop around, unfortunately. My usual go-to places for the kids are Children's Place or Old Navy (once the sales hit...). My in laws usually bring it in their suitcase the next time they come. I have always found that their clothes arrive beautifully and neatly, but as a previous poster said, with linen it makes sense that they would be all creased.

I see now that you posted it was cotton. Very odd, I've never had a problem, and that's even after the trip across the ocean in a suitcase. I would call them.

I just went to the website to double check that nothing I ordered was linen. I would think linen is much too hot for Israel anyway.

sgr

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 3:40 am
I live in south Africa so I have to do all my shopping on line,I pieced outfits together from gap and old navy for my two youngest which are boys.We made a barmitzvah a month ago so my kids got new outfits then.I bought when we were in NY for my Bro's wedding which was right after shabbos bereishis.BTW I wish I could still match e one from children'd place etc but doesn't work anymore with teenagers etc.Also our seasons are different we are heading towards winter so I do find on sale B"H for opposite seasons,but takes time to find

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 8:37 am
ebay and I got ds a cute vest outfit at gymboree.

frumluv

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 8:41 am
Twizzlers wrote:
frumluv wrote:
Now all I need are slacks.

if you're in flatbush, or interested in coming, I sell boys clothing and got in beautiful black dress pants (washable too!) in all sizes.

Thanks for the offer, but I found some navy dress pants.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 8:41 am
debsters1101 wrote:

what kind of material ?? steam iron

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 8:42 am
didn't know new clothes were manadory ...

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 8:44 am
only if they have nothing to wear. my son got lucky. he's a first boy. can you imagine how he'd look in his sisters' pinks & purples? lol.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics