Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Stovetop recipes??

Inspired

Post Fri, Apr 03 2009, 8:52 am
We pulled down our pesach [toaster] oven and it keeps shorting the electric. No oven for us right now. Sad But BH I have good burners. So, I need stovetop recipes please!
And desserts without raw eggs.

cookielady

Post Fri, Apr 03 2009, 9:01 am
An easy and good recipe is in a large skillet, saute onions, add chop meat. Cook until meat is cooked. In anther skillet (or remove the meat onions and use same one) add chopped up cabbage and tomato sauce. Cook until cabbage is tender, add some sugar if you like a sweet taste, maybe a bit of lemon juice.

Add the meat/onions back to cabbage and cook for another 15 min (low heat)

I make a ton of Pesach egg noodles (eggs, potato starch, water, salt) Then serve the cabbage/meat on top of noodles.

Raisin

Post Fri, Apr 03 2009, 9:03 am
pot roast
meat balls
schnitzle
stir fry

fried potatoes
fried kugel
mashed potatoes

solo

Post Fri, Apr 03 2009, 9:39 am
for dessert
- theres a really good recipe in the suzy fishbein book for lemon mousse, its a bit time consuming but doesnt need an oven
- ambrosia- cut up fruit with whip
- compote

for mains
- schnitzel doesnt need an oven, we love it plain when its fresh or you can add a sauce if ur reheating it
- buy a grill pan and you can grill schnitzel with any seasoning and a bit of olive oil
- dice onion and saute add juliened carrot and cellery sate covered a few min the add some chicken stock a bit of wine chicken bottoms. simmer covered 1.5 hrs then mix a tablespoon of potatoe starch with a bit of cold water and add to sauce simmer 10 more min or until done
- or saute lots of onions add salt pepper and sprikle on a bit of sugar
when the onions start to soften add slices of minute steak and cook on a low flame- the longer the better
- goulash- a one pot meal with braised meat potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnip and butternut squash cut in large chunks
- if u eat gebokts then matzoh brei
- poached salmon

for sides
- I made lots of pesach noodles- some for soup, some I filled with mashed potatoes, and some I filled with a recipe from last years mishpacha for egg rolls- I added pastrami- and theres a good dipping sauce recipe to go with it
- also u can buy a grill pan a do all sorts of veggis
- latkes, chremslach, french fries, mashed potatoes
- ratatoie

there are so many good soup recipes u can make.
-for pesach I like to serve butternut squash with sugared slivered almonds for garnish
- and potatoe leek soup with chopped chives and pine nuts

for shabbos the grated potato chulent, chopped liver... all the traditional stuff
my family loves potatoe kugel on the stove but its quite fattening

I think I could sit here all day but I wont
if u want more specific recipes let me know

Inspired

Post Fri, Apr 03 2009, 9:46 am
Oh,I should specify- food that can be bought on an Israeli budget- basically whole cut up chickens and only ingredients available in Israel. No steak or cutlets. Smile

Thanks!!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 03 2009, 11:36 am
What ingredients do you use?

Chicken with basil, garlic, olive oil and salt.
Chicken with paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
Chicken with sliced onions, paprika, salt and potatoes.
Chicken with sauce of apricot jam, garlic...
Deep fried french fries.
Deep fried sweet potato chips.
Potato Kugel in frying pan.
Applesauce.
Compote.
Fruit soup.

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 3:58 pm
My ^%&* double self clean oven kept breaking during the self clean cycle so many years I had NO OVEN for pesach---replacement parts take anywhere from 1 - 10 weeks,,
TWO yummy recipes:

Buy yourself a GOOD dutch oven for the cooktop.
Layer sliced onions, mushrooms, potatoes and carrots
place the roast on top.
sprinkle with onion soup mix
pour a cup or two of GOOD red wine l(ike merlot)
add crushed fresh garlic
This year I am going to add a cup of KLP coke (not diet)
rub the roast with kosher salt and cracked black pepper cover it and bring to a boil let it simmer for several hours on a low flame until the meat is very soft.

sweet and sour meat balls:

mix a bottle of KLP ketchup
brown sugar and lemo juice to taste
add matzo meal and egg and onion powder garlic powder to the ground meat
bring the ketchup, brwon sugar and lemon juice sauce to a boil. Lower flame. Make small meat balls and drop into sauce. Let cook for 45 minutes to an hour
I make five pound of this stuff
I am sure you can make this and substitute KLP tomato sauce with seasoning instead of KLP ketchup
let me know how these work out and if you need more recipes like this. Good Luck!!

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 5:25 pm
Inspired wrote:
Oh,I should specify- food that can be bought on an Israeli budget- basically whole cut up chickens and only ingredients available in Israel. No steak or cutlets. Smile

Thanks!!

its not all that difficult to debone a chicken breast for schnitzle. get some good kitchen scissors if possible. you can then use the bones and wings for soup, make some schnitzle or stir fry with the breast, and cook the legs and thighs whole.

solo

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 5:47 pm
I live in usa
but when im cooking with such large amounts of food like before pesach I buy chickens whole to save money
I debone the tops and make soup with the bones
I also separate the wings which everyone loves
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics