Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
My favorite elementary school teacher

amother

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 9:08 pm
This ones for you amother - you know who you are,

Who was your favorite elementary school teacher ever, now we expect this thread to be exclusively amothers - right? Wink

And to all the principals & directors out there, we expect them to get salary raises if they are still on the job Thumbs Up

amother

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 9:56 pm
thanks amother, yes of course I know who I am:) nice of you to think of me. but why are we all posting as amothers? I had a few excellent teachers in elementary school.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 10:00 pm
JK, that was humour somewhat, except for those who think it would identify them.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 10:23 pm
Favorite teacher: You know who you are! Very Happy

amother

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 11:51 pm
Yep I agree there LOL

amother

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 11:36 am
7th-8th grade English. She was about 4 feet tall, had silky white hair, lungs like Placido Domingo and a vocabulary like the Oxford English Dictionary. When she got mad, she could strike terror in the hearts of the Army-Navy football teams.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 11:43 am
Is HS OK? I loved my HS math teacher, which is saying a LOT b/c I hated math. Didn't like my jr. HS math teacher, who insisted that a tape measure is 3 feet long. Anyone who sews knows a standard tape measure is 60 inches.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 12:06 am
first grade hebrew teacher- taught bereishis in pshat/yiddish so well I can still recite the entire perek alef be'al peh even though I haven't spoken fluent yiddish since fifth grade... also she gave out lollipops to whoever caught chickenpox... and also used to hug us all a lot... an amazing lady indeed...

Chani

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 12:22 am
My Jr. High and HS Latin teacher was terrific! To this day I can still remember "Gallia est omnis divisa ..." She was completely dedicated to us girls and inspired generations of students to pursue excellence by her example. She used to tell us that she had no head for math, and then one fall when we came back to school, we found that she had taken calculus that summer at a local college for no reason other than to prove to herself that she really could do it. (It inspired my best friend, who was definitely an English/history buff to go to Johns Hopkins for college even though it meant a rigorous science course of study!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics