Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Recommend a pediatric uroligist?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 12:35 pm
My 15 year old son still wets his bed. It was getting better, but over Pesach it somehow got worse. I would like to take him to a uroligist but the only one I was able to find didn't deal with this problem and recommended a woman doctor. I know my son would be mortified, as he is already too embarrassed to even see a male doctor.
I live in Brooklyn, btw.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 12:37 pm
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....ogist

Tamiri

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 12:43 pm
Not sure he takes care of wetting issues but...
http://www.mountsinai.org/Find.....r=biz

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 12:49 pm
Dr Kenneth Glassberg is in boro park twice a week. he is EXCELLENT.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 1:07 pm
I used Dr. J. Stock of Mount
sina and was extremely happy
not sure if does your issue though

sunspot

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 1:29 pm
I do not know if he deals with this but I dealt with Steven Friedman with a hydrocele (sp)

He was professional and great. The nurses are great as well he is located in bp by the miamonidies offices

shvigs

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 1:43 pm
Second the Dr. Glassberg recommendation. Why don't you call Echo for a referral? They'll know exactly who's trained to deal with your ds's prob.

dainty diva

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 1:44 pm
I second Glassberg. Used him in the past for other issues---professional and knows his stuff.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 1:52 pm
OP here.
I called Refuah and they recommended Dr. Glassberg but he is the one who doesn't deal with this issue and gave me a woman doctor who does.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 4:05 pm
webdesignermom, I probabloy will nee34d to see dr steven friedman for my 9 m.o. for a hydrocele. we used dr glassberg for my older son (diff insurance). Is he good? professional? quick to cut or tries to wait? let me know.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 5:07 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Not sure he takes care of wetting issues but...
http://www.mountsinai.org/Find.....e.do?

id=0000072500001508895782&officeDrawer=biz

Echo recommended him. I will try Iy"H to make an appt. (I only got service, and left a message so far). Thanks!

shopaholic

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 10:11 am
another vote for dr glassberg but be prepared to wait in the waiting room for a looooooong time

amother

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 10:16 am
shopaholic wrote:
another vote for dr glassberg but be prepared to wait in the waiting room for a looooooong time

I tried making an appt with him, but they told me he doesn't deal with the bedwetting issues, and recommended his female associate who does. My son goes to a Chassidish yeshivah, and would be mortified to deal with this embarrassing problem with anybody, especially a woman!
My pediatrician recommended him as well as Refuah and Echo. I guess they dont know his policy...

amother

Post Wed, Apr 22 2009, 8:30 pm
My brother bedwetted for years. I don't think he saw a uroligist. I think, I'm not sure but it may have been an endocronologist. It turns out he has Diabetes Insipidus and is on a medication for the rest of his life called ddavp. He's 30 and has not had a problem since he went on the medication in his teens. Good luck!

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Apr 22 2009, 8:35 pm
I dont know if he deals with this issue, but we used Dr. Ginsburg in NYU and were happy.

sunspot

Post Wed, Apr 22 2009, 10:24 pm
mamabear. he had it for a while until we finally decided to listen to the pediatrician--friedman did not force us. we picked a date 4 months from visit (right before pesach ) when he would be home from school anyways.

he said we could wait it is not urgent but could become urgent at any point and we decided to take care of it. the recovery was amazing --except for the anestesia reaction he recovered b'h amazingly no issues or complaints.--my son btw is 5

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Apr 22 2009, 10:59 pm
well when did you disover the hydrocele? my son was born with it.

rydys

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 9:38 pm
why not try a "moisture sensor" for your son? it is a sensor that goes on the underwear attached to a beeper. when it gets wet, the beeper will wake him up to go to the bathroom. it will take a few weeks, but works really well. they are available in most pharmacies for under $100. (BTW when the beeper goes off, resist the temptation to wake him to take him to the toilet. it only works when he wakes up himself)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics