Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Doorways in Israel: Will my stroller fit?

raspberry tea

Post Wed, Apr 29 2009, 5:59 pm
In general does anyone have an idea how wide doorways are in Israel?

The big question is will I reget bringing a 29" wide side by side double stroller?

Marion

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 1:25 am
I think my inner doors are 70cm across. Don't know which stroller you have, but maybe this will help:

The Maclaren Techno Twin fits through all the main entrance doors to apartments (including lobbies) that are standard sizes. It does NOT fit through the inner doors, or the "narrow" doors that some small stores have.

shabri

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 1:47 am
Not sure the measurements but my city mini double fits through most doors (95% I would say) but its usually tight

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 1:59 am
As friends of mine found out the hard way, the Baby Jogger City Double Elite does NOT fit through Israeli doorways.

raspberry tea

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 5:17 am
Thanks for the responses back!!

I currently live in a apartment with small doorways. I was able to just get the city mini double through the inner doors. The stroller measures 73.7 cm across, and it's just passing through.

It had me wondering about over there in EY. If this stroller is going to clear through doors?

What about the old apartment buildings? Do you think it could make it through the actual front door of an old apartment? Do people leave their strollers out in the lobbys, or schlep them into their apts every time they use it? I suppose it wouldn't be safe to just leave it out?

(please excuse my ignorance. Only answer if these sorts of questions don't bother you. I know there's a lot of hypotheticals))

chanchy123

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 5:34 am
yuki wrote:

I currently live in a apartment with small doorways. I was able to just get the city mini double through the inner doors. The stroller measures 73.7 cm across, and it's just passing through.

It had me wondering about over there in EY. If this stroller is going to clear through doors?

What about the old apartment buildings? Do you think it could make it through the actual front door of an old apartment? Do people leave their strollers out in the lobbys, or schlep them into their apts every time they use it? I suppose it wouldn't be safe to just leave it out?

(please excuse my ignorance. Only answer if these sorts of questions don't bother you. I know there's a lot of hypotheticals))

Regarding leaving strollers. Depneds where you live and who you are. I know some people who schlepp no matter where they live. In most neighborhoods you can chain (if necessary) your stroller down stairs - some buildings have a special "room" for strollers. We once lived in a building with a common storage room that was also used for bikes and strollers - it was padlocked and every family had a key. You'll just have to see what your future neighbors do and follow suit.

shabri

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 7:40 am
yuki wrote:

As I said my city mini double gets through my front door and inner door but its tight. I live in a 55 yr old building in Jerusalem. I shlep it in each time but we live on the 1st floor so its not a big deal
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions