Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How to kill ants but keep it safe for the kids

cb

Post Wed, Apr 29 2009, 8:38 pm
how do you kill ants but keep it safe for the kids?
I have tons of them and want to kill them, but I have 3 little one at home, what did you do?

I tried the natural stuff to keep them away but it doesnt do the job, they keep on comming back at different places.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 29 2009, 8:43 pm
Sprinkle lots of whole cloves (Bisamim) in all corners (or wherever there are ants). I don't know why this works, but the ants disappear when they smell the cloves. My mom taught this to me many years ago, and this method always works.
Keep the cloves out for an extra week, once the ants have left for good. If they keep coming back, just keep little net pouches of cloves all around, all the time.
Good luck!

cb

Post Wed, Apr 29 2009, 8:46 pm
thanks I tried something like that, I put it where they where but they kept on coming back at different places. I want to kill them, if I will put out some sort of poison, they will eat it, go back home and like that kill the whole nest, thats what I am trying to do, I just hope someone out there can tell me what killing method worked for them while keeping it safe for the kids.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 29 2009, 8:56 pm
Some ideas...
http://www.thefrugallife.com/ants.html
The windex/ivory soap method looks good, as does the Shaklee's Basic H and the Simple Green sprays.
Looks like most soaps will kill them.

mommalah

Post Wed, Apr 29 2009, 9:32 pm
I used sol-u-mel from melaleuca (it has tea tree oil in it) and it worked great.

itsme

Post Wed, Apr 29 2009, 9:38 pm
I keep my vacuum out for that reason . when ever I c 1 into the vacuum. and btw I tested they dont come back out( I put a peice of tape on the nozzle and saw that non were stuck to the tape when trying to escape so this proved me that they stay in there

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Apr 29 2009, 9:38 pm
I found pepper works

tziganka

Post Wed, Apr 29 2009, 10:14 pm
Upon recommendation I got this thing on amazon that you plug into the wall and it sends out some supersonic vibes that only insects and animals can hear, and though it doesn't necessarily kill them where they spawn, it annoys them to the point that they don't want to hang around anymore.

I got one plug for one room and I find that I see a lot less aunts then I did before, but I can't say that they're gone completely. I'm considering getting another plug for the same room.

Anyhow, here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/LENTEK-I.....r=8-7

cheerios

Post Wed, Apr 29 2009, 10:35 pm
There's also combat, in those closed little boxes.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 12:30 am
my granmother said vinegar or amonia works to keep them away - "paint" some around doors, windows, walls

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 3:29 am
we had ants in one of our apartments. we had it exterminated and we were not home for a few hours. and they did not come back.

Blair

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 7:44 am
Put rosemary in your washing water and wash the floor I find it really works even childrens shampoo with rosemary works very well in the wash water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics