Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Waterbury, CT
1  2  Next

buba123

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 10:16 pm
Anyone living or know anyone in the Waterbury, CT community? I am thinking of leaving NY and am strongly considering Waterbury. I'd appreciate any information about the frum area there. Thank You

cindy324

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 12:31 pm
Never heard of any jewish community there, but welcome back buba123, haven't seen you in awhile!

buba123

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 12:33 pm
Thanx, I guess I wasn't as addicted as I thought!!

technic

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 12:37 pm
buba123 wrote:
Thanx, I guess I wasn't as addicted as I thought!!

"ve haf vays of making zat change!!!" Mr. Green

buba123

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 4:11 pm
technic, I really missed you!! LOL

amother

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 4:16 pm
I dont live in Waterbury, but I have a connection to the place. THey have a frum day school, regular yeshivish. They are opening a pizza shop there and I'm pretty sure there's a kollel there too.

cutiemom

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 4:22 pm
they have a kollel and housing is much cheaper than ny!!

buba123

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 9:19 am
My dh doesn't learn full-time in a kollel. He works. We're more interested in a better way of life - calmer, less expensive, NICER...
Mainly I'm concerned about the Yeshiva there. I don't know much about it. I have 2 boys - Nursery and Pre-1-A ages. I'm really happy with their yeshiva here in NY. I want to make sure the Yeshiva there is good.

red sea

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 9:44 am
Definitely try to get someone or two's phone numbers who live there so you can talk to people with kids in the school, maybe someone there would have you over for a shabbos, maybe the rabbi there can help arrange.

cutiemom

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 10:21 am
I'll see if I can get you a number for someone who lives there. definitely fits cheaper, nicer, and calmer style. never been there but relative's relative lives there. I will pm you if I can get it.

buba123

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 11:23 am
Thanks! I'm in contact with a few people who live there - I received their phone numbers from family and friends. I'd love to know more though - if anyone has any info.

Yael

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 1:36 pm
I know someone who lives there. pm me and I can give you her number.

tziviakayla

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 8:17 pm
I grew up in Connecticut, about 15 minutes away from Waterbury. This was way before a frum community was established in that city. Although I have not lived in CT since before I was married I can tell you what the area is like in general. I think my husband knows a few people who currently live in Waterbury. I have not been to Waterbury since the frum community arrived, but my parents have said that it's very nice. I'm sure they hope we'll move there! Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info about the area or for names!

buba123

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 10:13 pm
My dh and I have spoken to many ppl. in the community already. Thanks everyone for your help and advice! We are going up to see the neighborhood and hopefully we'll really like it. So far, with all the info. it sounds great for us!

fullminivan

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 10:03 am
Does anyone know about the existence of a girls' high school? Is one planned? And what about the length of time it takes to commute to NYC?

Thanks!

buba123

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 10:29 am
fullminivan

They are starting a girls high school for September, 2009. This year will be the first graduating 8th grade class and the parents don't want to send their kids away.
The commute is an hour and fourty-five minutes to Brooklyn (takes me an hour and a half!)
Let me know if you want to contact the parents who are on the committee.

myfriends715

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 10:34 am
we are also interested maybe in waterbury.. what are the ppl like? dh is working

mommalah

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 10:48 am
buba123-

Did you end up moving there?

buba123

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 11:11 am
mommalah Yes I did move to Waterbury. I live here for over 2 years now.

myfriends715 What I love about the community is that there are all different types of people living here and we all get along. There are yeshivish families and working people and we all know one another and are close to one another.
When I was first looking into Waterbury I was told that it's all learning people and that is far from the truth. No one judges anyone. People do what they want and live their lives (within reason!)
The ones who are learning are real learners.
This is not like Lakewood.
Everyone here is open minded and not judging.
We are a community of around 140 families and growing. Most people who move here are the boys who learn here and then get married and move here.
Since Blue Ridge started we have many more families coming- both learning and in Kollel and working.
We are all nice!
Let me know if you have any specific questions.

mommalah

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 10:33 am
It sounds like a really nice community. Do you know about housing prices?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating