Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
He learned to climb out of the crib and it is a nightmare!!!
Previous  1  2

tzatza

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 9:26 am
Questions for all of you, wise ladies,
I am thinking of getting a timer, so that if he wakes up before 6 AM, I can put him bad to bed and turn timer for, let's say, 30 min and tell him to wait in bed till it rings. And then, maybe, give him a sticker when he follows through. WWYD?

HindaRochel

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 12:05 pm
Can he wait that long? Maybe you can help him by saying (a friend did this) when you can see it is light outside you can come in my room and cuddle. But if it is still dark you need to play quietly in your room.

It may take a few times for him to get it right.

myfriends715

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 10:22 pm
just wanted to say my kids hav been climbing (jumping) ou of their cribs for quite afew months.. we have tried e/t (I dont feel ready to put them in toddler beds cuz they will keep each other up all night) well dd jumped out on tue and we sent today in the hospital for joint diseases cuz shes been walking around w a limp... but b'h it seems to be ok..either get a crib tent or toddler bed this is notfun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:36 pm
Bumping this up
Does anyone know if this product is safe and where I can buy it in the uK?
Tia

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:41 pm
It is safe, sorry I don’t know where to buy it.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:53 pm
I feel ur pain! Dnt hav any tips to add...just keep trying things till he outgrows!

momof2+?

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 8:28 pm
Someone I know put her toddler in one of these at night backwards(so he couldn’t remove it). The sleep sack restricted his movement enough that he couldn’t climb out. https://www.amazon.com/Touched.....;th=1

mommyla

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 8:42 pm
I hope OP's kid isn't terrorizing the house after climbing out anymore, he's 11 now Very Happy

If you're asking about the crib tents, it's nearly impossible to get one in the US these days as they were recalled for safety reasons. Not sure about the UK. Good luck!

naomi1

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:06 pm
What kind of crib do you have? I had a crib with a drawer underneath. I removed the drawer and lowered the mattress springs all the way to the bottom of the crib. The mattress was very low down so my toddler was no longer able to climb out.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:30 pm
Oh how I wish my toddler should climb out of bed. How about, my child who's same age as yours, is delayed and not dreaming of coming out of crib. In fact, she's still I'm my room, she has severe sleep apnea and keeps waking up with any slight noise. I have another baby in my room, also a light sleeper and one wakes the other and us. Any hour of night! Bh for children. Thank for your healthy geshikta child.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:48 pm
My youngest was 10 months old when she learned how to climb out of her crib.
I ended up putting her to sleep in my bed until she was old enough to sleep in a regular bed, about a yr later.

She use to climb on everything. At 3 Yrs old she use to climb on top of the fridge.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:56 pm
Quote:
Someone I know put her toddler in one of these at night backwards(so he couldn’t remove it). The sleep sack restricted his movement enough that he couldn’t climb out. https://www.amazon.com/Touched.....k&th=1

I did this!!!! Worked for about 6 months until DS learned how to climb out with it on. But was well worth the 6 months we got out of it!

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 10:03 pm
You can still get crib tents: https://www.amazon.com/SEE-THR.....LL489

mommyla

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 11:01 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
You can still get crib tents: https://www.amazon.com/SEE-THR.....LL489

Good to know! Last time I looked it wasn’t available. That thing was a lifesaver with my climber.

momof2+?

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 12:25 am
Amother green, maybe I know you😉...

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 12:29 am
amother wrote:
Oh how I wish my toddler should climb out of bed. How about, my child who's same age as yours, is delayed and not dreaming of coming out of crib. In fact, she's still I'm my room, she has severe sleep apnea and keeps waking up with any slight noise. I have another baby in my room, also a light sleeper and one wakes the other and us. Any hour of night! Bh for children. Thank for your healthy geshikta child.
sorry, can I hijack for a minute and ask, have you done anything about the sleep apnea? I’m struggling with what we think is sleep apnea, waiting for our appointment at the sleep clinic. Meanwhile each night is NO FUN!

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 5:06 pm
You can use baby gates on the door. Stack 2 if necessary (just make sure the top one is the kind that screws in, not pressure mounted, for safety reasons).

We used a combination of gates and the Ok to Wake clock at that age with our daughter. The clock lights up at the time you set as morning, and we explained she couldn't come out of her room before then (reinforced by the gates). We initially set it for very early, and then moved the time forward by 15 minutes a week until she was getting up at a normal time.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 5:46 pm
My youngest figured out climbing put of her crib before her 2nd birthday. The crib tent was a lifesaver, until she figured out how to unzip it from the inside using her fingernails. LOL Talented little munchkin. By then she was closer to 3 and I moved her to a toddler bed.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics