Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Kitchen towels

beth

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 5:26 am
where do you keep your kitchen towels?
dish towels and hand towels?

Blair

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 5:59 am
Look at your own kitchen and decide for yourself where the best place to put them. Without seeing your kitchen and your space how can we help you with this.

rivkeah

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 10:12 am
I keep the dairy in the closet with the dairy dishes....
but if u have a linen closet keep them all there

louche

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 10:12 am
Blair wrote:
Look at your own kitchen and decide for yourself where the best place to put them. Without seeing your kitchen and your space how can we help you with this.

I agree, but ftr, mine live in the linen closet which is right outside the kitchen. Then again they lived in the linen closet when it wasn't anywhere near the kitchen, too. They're linens, so they live in a linen closet.

beth

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 10:16 am
I meant-what do you do with the dishtowels while they are in use-as in you just finished dishes or wiping your hands.where do you hang them?

Luv2Bake

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 10:19 am
I have hooks inside the cupboard doors right under my sink so the dish towels go there. The hand towel either is folded on the counter or hangs on the oven door.

louche

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 10:25 am
I have a magnetic towel bar that sticks to the side of the fridge. If your fridge is set-in, you could use the front, or any metal appliance like a washer, or a metal cabinet door. Not a good idea to hang them on or near the stove because of fire hazard.

If your base cabinet doors aren't metal, there are towel bars that hang over the top of the door, no installation required.

Years ago we had a towel bar that clipped to the side of the sink (there was space between the sink and the fridge).

Once upon a time we used to hang towels on the [-shaped fridge handle. I think we got the magnetic towel bar when we got a fridge without a handle. The towel bar looks much neater.

ss321

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 10:35 am
beth wrote:
I meant-what do you do with the dishtowels while they are in use-as in you just finished dishes or wiping your hands.where do you hang them?

in the sink embarrassed
I dont like them out lol. otherwise under the sink (if its dryish) where all the cleaning supplies are

rivkeah

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 10:38 am
I also have something under my sink with like three long irong pieces and put it onto that and it is very neat, u can probably get it any hardware houseware store

kiwi

Post Tue, Jun 16 2009, 11:10 pm
I fold it nicely in2 my cutlery draw, I have a perfect spot for it & it looks pretty neat!

RightOnTarget

Post Tue, Jun 16 2009, 11:14 pm
When wet, hanging at the egde of my counter, front of my sink waiting for it to dry or straight into the washing machine if it's in plan to wash towels shortly.

When dry on a hook in my undersink cabinet.

Pizza

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 4:45 am
My oven handles hold two kitchen towels, folded in half
That way they can dry while out
The clean ones are stored in a shallow drawer under the oven
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics