Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Stuffed cabbage

Seraph

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 9:31 am
I'm looking for a recipe for stuffed cabbage, preferably one made with sauerkraut, preferably one that is more sweet and sour.

Blair

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 9:35 am
Call me I will give you a recipe.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 9:42 am
I freeze my cabbage about 48 hours before I plan on cooking and then let them sit out and defrost for about 12 hours (overnight).

I line the bottom of my pot with sliced potatoes (this way if anything burns, it's the potatoes and not the cabbage.

I mix cooked rice with the chopped meat and season the meat with black pepper and garlic powder.

The sauce is tomato juice, tomato paste, lemon juice, black pepper, salt and garlic powder (I find the tomato products are sweet enough I don't have to add brown sugar and I don't like raisins in my stuffed cabbage).

And I add a can of sauerkraut... as I layer the pot, I'll add some.

supermama2

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 8:25 pm
Blair wrote:
Call me I will give you a recipe.

Hey no fair.. we can't ALL call to get your recipe!! It would be sweet of you to post it Wink

newu

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 11:07 am
I'd love a yummy recipe too:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics