Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How much of your day is productive?

staten islander

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 11:58 am
How much of your day is productive? I have "good" days and "bad" days. The American mentality is that you have to be engaged is a specific, result-oriented activity every waking second. Downtime is a very guilty pleasure. Today, even though I am supposed to be working from home, I really didnt accomplish much.Spent most of the morning surfing the web(aside for making supper, producing a quick balance sheet for work and straightening up the house). How much of your day is goal oriented and how much is downtime?

zigi

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 12:08 pm
I was busy today, but I didn't really get anything done. I spend 2 hours on actual housework, making supper 30 min. just taking care of the kids takes up a lot of time, feeding them, when I nurse the baby I surf the web or when all he wants to do is be held I hold and surf the web or read if its shabbos. playing with them etc..... I still have a lot to get done, laundry is pilling up again... I do rest at night. I need downtime in order to function.

Roche

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 1:51 pm
uch I waste so much time! every night I go to bed late and say tomorrow im getting everything done early and going to bed it Never happens. bu ti almost feel as though I have to first waste time in order to be productive, it gets my motors started Very Happy

Bsimcha

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 2:06 pm
Roche wrote:
uch I waste so much time! every night I go to bed late and say tomorrow im getting everything done early and going to bed it Never happens. bu ti almost feel as though I have to first waste time in order to be productive, it gets my motors started Very Happy

You sound like me! I keep on saying, tomorrow will be much more productive! Maybe one day I will do it..................

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 2:55 pm
My most productive hours are 11 am to 3 p.m. From 7 to 10 I'm busy getting the kids dressed and fed and ready for the bus etc., 10 - 11 is my breakfast time/time to put the baby for a nap. 11 - 3 is when I do my shopping, laundry, cleanup, dinner brainstorming and a lot of procrastinating. After 3 is a goner; I'm busy with the kids BH, then is dinner/bath/bedtime and then I collapse on the couch with the laptop til I conk out for the night.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 3:18 pm
On days that I go to work, I accomplish sooo much more.
I'm out of the house at 7:05--that includes getting myself and 2 under 2 dressed and fed (they're early birds!!) Home at 4:00--pick up from babysitter, pump, feed, suppertime, maybe the park if it's nice, read some books, bedtime routine, nurse, nurse, nurse,
straighten up the house, set up for tomorrow, dh home--eat supper, do tons of schoolwork, fall asleep at the dining room table with my laptop running, get up, take a shower, go to bed....Wake up at 5:45!
On days that I'm home--it takes me FOREVER to get out in the morning and then I could only do 1 or 2 big things....

windowsill

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 4:44 pm
Because I work, I say the hours which I work is productive! the routine is most productive - morning I leave with kids, so do beds, kitchen clean - not sparkling, but things put in correct place, I return afternoon with kids, so we warm up supper, throw in a load washing and relax with kids. Before they go to sleep we prepare together their clothes for next day and lunches. After they asleep, I clear up kitchen (Im a fast worker, so doesnt take too long) then do some work (work from home as well) and finally some surfing, shower and bed usually around 11pm.
Sunday do washing, suppers for the week and more intense cleaning. Monday have [cleaner] for 3-4 hours for cleaning up my supper prep. mess and ironing.. all extras.
Friday morning I'm home so thats when I do my own paperwork, challos, sorting, etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics