Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tips how to give medicine

mommy2

Post Tue, Aug 17 2004, 9:28 pm
I never used to have any problem giving my now 3 year old son medicine, but now he refuses to take medicine. I have to force it down his throat and drops in his ear. I feel so bad for him because he gets so upset and it takes him awhile to calm down. Do u have any tips how to make it easier?

proudmom

Post Tue, Aug 17 2004, 10:22 pm
I have that same problem sometimes. so what I do is that I let my daughter do it herself with the syringe. it makes it easy on me.

Rochel Leah

Post Sat, Aug 21 2004, 11:38 pm
I know that with some medicines , you could ask the pharmacist to add a flavour to it. I think its called flovourx. if anyone knows what I'm talking about let us know...

Rivka

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 4:37 pm
Haven't heard of adding flavours to medicines, alot of kids medicines already have flavours, some quite yummy.
I find if my son really is quite bad he won't take his medicine and I have to hold his head back and just put it down his throat he cries and what not but really it's for him to get better.
Eye drops are the worst coz I have to prey his eyes open and I feel really mean.

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 5:55 pm
I know for babies they have pacifiers you can fill with the medicine and the baby just sucks it out. sounds pretty neat to me.

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Nov 18 2004, 2:25 pm
mix it w/ his favorite drink
or rdink it up & you can have a .....

PS my son hates the flavors.

zuncompany

Post Thu, Nov 18 2004, 3:34 pm
are the flavours kosher? My ped wasn't sure. She said she would find out for us, but than had to take some personal leave and isn't back yet.

Sara
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics