Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ear Thermometer Questions

su7kids

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 11:15 pm
Does anyone have one in their house and use it? Can you tell me which one you have and why you like or dislike it.

Thank youl

Ashrei

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 11:35 pm
We have the one by braun. I like it because it's pretty accurate with consistent results. The biggest down side is that once we run out of the cover things that go over the ear piece (disposable), I'm not sure where to get them again. We have a forehead thermometer too. They're both pretty good imo.

su7kids

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 11:45 pm
Chara wrote:
The biggest down side is that once we run out of the cover things that go over the ear piece (disposable), I'm not sure where to get them again.

Thanks, there appears to be two Braun ones, the "regular" one and a compact one. both have covers available online.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 12:03 am
When we were looking into an ear thermometer, we were considering the Braun for its brand name.
The pharmacist suggested the BD thermometer, as they specialize in this sort of product.
My sister has a brand name as well, I don't remember which one. She told me that it's very not accurate.
We love our BD. It is very accurate, and it was not very expensive.

Marion

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 2:07 am
When I asked the paediatrician about getting one he highly recommended AGAINST it. He said results between users (dad/mom) are inconsistent because the accuracy depends on the skill of the user.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 2:10 am
The first few times we used it, we also used a mercury thermometer to compare the results.

Ashrei

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 9:19 am
su7kids wrote:
Thanks, there appears to be two Braun ones, the "regular" one and a compact one. both have covers available online.

Ours is model 6022.

I hope I don't have to buy the covers online. I'd hate to pay more for shipping than the actual covers.

geemum

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 9:36 am
we have braun
you should be able to buy the disposable covers in the pharmacy - we did.
when I take a reading, I usually take 2 or 3 to get a fair reading. I read somewhere to always test the child's temperature in the same ear. and not if he was just sleeping on that side. you can test your kid when he's well to see what his normal temperature is with your particular thermometer, so that you can compare future readings to that.
I'm happy with it, its easy to use, kids very happy for me to test them with it, batteries still good (over 2 years)
and my doctor uses the same one, so that's a, good sign
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics