Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Eggs & Liver

rivkeah

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 11:50 am
for th e morning meal I serve eggs an dliver and this week I am having guest I am just wondering if anyone has a nice way to display it and present it, but as east as possible

bnm

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 11:56 am
taco plates or just cut up some vegies and decorate with that.

fiddle

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 11:57 am
take a cup, shape a circle of liver turn over the cup flatten it, slice a tomato, the width of the cup, put it between, same with eggs on top of tomato and use cup or circular thing to even it out and put a snacker cracker on top standing up

im here!

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 12:22 pm
You can place a scoop in a plate and shape it with a cookie cutter something like a flower...

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 1:19 pm
Put some salad greens on plate. Add a small scoop each of liver and eggs. Put one sesame flatbread standing horizontally across the two scoops. Garnish plate with cherry/grape tomatoes and sliced peppers as desired.

Kugel lover

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 1:40 pm
Put some leetuce on the bottom of the plate. Cut 2 different colored peppers in the shape of rings. Place a scoop of the liver in one pepper ring and eggs in the other

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 1:50 pm
I like to use an ice cream scooper, and serve 1 scoop each of egg and liver.
Then I take a pinch of dried parsley, and sprinkle it on the plate, around the scoops.
If I am serving sauteed liver, I serve a scoop of egg, and chopped liver around it.

ABC

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 4:00 pm
I think using an ice cream scoop looks the best, and I also prefer it to anything that looks like someone has had to touch and fiddle with thr food too much! ugh.

chopped liver balls look and taste great on a (round) slice of apple. yum!

fiddle

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 4:11 pm
ABC wrote:
I think using an ice cream scoop looks the best, and I also prefer it to anything that looks like someone has had to touch and fiddle with thr food too much! ugh.

chopped liver balls look and taste great on a (round) slice of apple. yum!

reference intended? Wink

BZBEE

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 4:24 pm
I think the ice cream scoop is the best.
You could always place it on a bed of salad, or decorate plate with vegetables as desired!
When I have alot of guests, I don't like to serve on individual plates.
I present vegetables, liver, eggs, gala etc, on a pretty platter, and serve @ table, or pass around.
I find it much easier to serve like this.
I have so many different dishes/platters. I love using them, and presenting the food nicely.

rivkeah

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 4:35 pm
thanks everyone for there response

familyfirst

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 11:47 pm
How do you make your liver? Never did this before. (I did make vegetarian liver out of canned green beans-recipe in purple cookbook- but never did the real thing. You guys are inspiring me to try it.)

What's your recipe?

yummydd

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 11:52 pm
I didnt read through the replies so Im not sure if anyone has given you this idea, I cut two diffrent color peppers in the width (it should be like a ring shape) in one I put a scoop of egg and in one a scoop of liver. I then decorate it with some cherry tomatoes.

Aidelmom

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 3:55 am
mamele wrote:
You can place a scoop in a plate and shape it with a cookie cutter something like a flower...

you may not be allowed to do this on shabbos. According to my father you can't even scoop w/ an ice cream scoop.

Aidelmom

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 4:03 am
familyfirst wrote:
How do you make your liver? Never did this before. (I did make vegetarian liver out of canned green beans-recipe in purple cookbook- but never did the real thing. You guys are inspiring me to try it.)

What's your recipe?

I don't mind giving you mine. fry onions. Add fried onions and the oil you fried them in along with salt and sugar to taste. (you can also add pepper or a bit of soy sauce if you like) grind it all together in the food processor. I don't add eggs - dh likes it strong but you can also add eggs to taste and if its too dry add more oil or mayo (ime mayo is only good if you have eggs in it)

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 8:45 am
familyfirst wrote:

What's your recipe?

I sautee 2 onions, sliced into rings, on a very very low flame for about an hour. Then I cut up pieces of broiled liver bought from the butcher, and add it to the pan for another few minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper. Delishes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes