Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
How do you make plain chicken cutlets?

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 7:45 pm
You know you can get them in restaurants or at simchas. It's just grilled chicken cutlet. Oh, and I have no grill. Does it need a lot of oil? (I prefer not to use that) Is it broiled, baked, or done in a pan? Thanks!

I don't want to use a sauce or bread them.

TIA

Maya

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 7:48 pm
I do it on a George Foreman grill, but it can probably be broiled or pan seared. Spray with cooking spray and season.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 7:49 pm
Just bake it at 350 for 90 mins or until done...

newlymarried

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 7:55 pm
I think you can just sprinkle with whatever spices, and put in a frying pan with a little bit of oil.

cookielady

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 7:57 pm
ClaRivka wrote:

that's about 60 minutes too long. (Unless you like them really dry.)

BZBEE

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 8:03 pm
I make mine on the stove in a grilling pan. No oil, just a little spices. A few minutes on each side, making sure it doesn't get too dry.

BLUESHOE

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 9:07 pm
saute onion and all color peppers with mushrooms until soft. add duck sauce. spread over cutlets and bake for 45 minutes on 350.

frumshopper

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 1:05 pm
How do you pan sear without them either being raw or drying out? Every time I try to saute cutlets or cutlets in pieces it comes out a disaster.

Merrymom

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 1:11 pm
frumshopper wrote:
How do you pan sear without them either being raw or drying out? Every time I try to saute cutlets or cutlets in pieces it comes out a disaster.

You must be cooking on too high of a flame. You should lower your flame to medium-low and keep the pan covered until the last few minutes. If you are breading then you keep the pan uncovered.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 1:11 pm
make sure they are sliced thin or pounded thin.
marinate them for a bit.
heat a bit of oil or spray frying pan with oil.
sear for a few minutes (when the sides of the chicken have changed color all the way up - but the top is still raw); flip and sear for another few minutes.
wrap tightly surrounded in foil to retain juices, until ready to serve.

(if you have leftovers, slice grilled chicken on the diagonal, into strips, and throw over a fresh salad.)

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 1:50 pm
ClaRivka wrote:

90 MINUTES?!?!
If I would bake them that long, there would be nothing left cuz they would be all shriveled up!
Do you use very thick cutlets?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 2:11 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
ClaRivka wrote:

90 MINUTES?!?!
If I would bake them that long, there would be nothing left cuz they would be all shriveled up!
Do you use very thick cutlets?

I find that even moderately thick cuts are just done (so that they are very moist in the middle, but not pink) after 20-23 minutes (that is cooked covered with some liquid) at 350.

I hate dry chicken and have worked out this timing very carefully.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 2:24 pm
frumshopper wrote:

When you sear something, that generally means that you put it on a high flame and then quickly cook just the outside of the meat. This is NOT something that's done with chicken, just red meat or fish.

When you cook chicken, you put it on a medium flame so that it's evenly cooked.

I generally marinate in wine, herbs, and olive oil, or some other type of marinade and then make it in the grill pan or non stick fry pan.

I also like to dredge the chicken in flour mixed with spices and then make a mushroom sauce to go with it.

busydev

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 2:30 pm
on the grill - just straight with nothing till they are done (like 10-15 minutes unless they are thick)

on the george foreman same as grill (except for 5-10 minutes). for added flavor, marinate in salad dressing first (italian is a good choice but many work nicely)

if you have a broil setting on your stove try it- I would say check every 5 minutes or so...

Dev80

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 7:30 am
I put lemon juice + a tiny bit of pepper, garlic powder, and paprika if I feel like it in a bowl, put the pieces in the mixture for a couple of minutes, then do it on the grill pan. I love how it's subtle but has a nice taste
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey