Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
British Aorways
1  2  Next

mom2cuties

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 12:19 pm
Has anyone flown British Airways? If so how were they, I am going to be flying with them to Israel?

drumjj

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 1:40 pm
ive flown many many times with british airways and generally have had no problems with them

mom2cuties

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 2:10 pm
oh ok thank u

yummydd

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 2:42 pm
I fly mostly with them as the have great service for kids.

Marion

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 3:24 pm
I'm told they're fabulous. I have no personal experience other than my sister's terrible one.

bonitag1

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 4:02 pm
I flew with them NY to Europe about 5 years ago. The seats were cramped but the flight was otherwise very nice. The kosher food was way better than usual, there were juice drinks set out in the galley if you wanted to help yourself, etc.

GoodEnough

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 4:11 pm
I've travelled to Israel with BA and had a very good experience

happy one

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 4:22 pm
We've flown them plenty of times from NY to Israel. But I find them notorious for losing and/or ruining luggage. The flight itself was pleasant. Getting our luggage was not!

Marion

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 4:26 pm
happy one wrote:
We've flown them plenty of times from NY to Israel. But I find them notorious for losing and/or ruining luggage. The flight itself was pleasant. Getting our luggage was not!

Yup, that was my sister's problem. And then they told her that they wanted the receipts for the items that had been in the bag (replacement value), not the receipts from the items she had to go buy to replace what was in the bag. It was her cosmetics bag and the original receipts would have been (if she still had them) over a year old!

mom2cuties

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 7:48 am
Please tell me your joking, they really loose luggage? that cannot happen to me. I will have a heart attack. What will I do. If they lost my luggage.

Mrs Bissli

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 9:21 am
The reason BA USED TO have problems with luggage was because of logistic glitches when they were changing the hub terminal at Heathrow. It's been more than a year ago, and the stats are now comparable to other airlines.

Kosher food is Hermolis, pretty much the best quality as far as the airline food goes. Also goodie bags for the kids are great and age-appropriate. Video on demand on long-haul. Heathrow Terminal 5 is reqlly a small shopping mall mascarading as an airport. FAs are not over-friendly buddy-buddy types but I always found them quite efficient, professional, gentle and warm, far cry from "whaddyawant" US domestic crews.

If anything, 2 gripes I have are 1) you can't pre-select seats until 24hrs before (3days before flight if you're travelling as a family with small kids) UNLESS you have elite frequent flier status. 2) BA won't transfer luggage from another carrier UNLESS the other carrier is oneworld member (AA is one). So let's say if you're flying the first leg on United, you won't be able to through-check luggage to the final destination. (Though I think they can be accomodting in some respect).

nylon

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 9:25 am
My problem with BA was that they packed too many flights in--they had 2 JFK-LHR flights, an hour apart, leaving from the same gate. Back when they were flying from T4 I also had bad check-in problems, but the new T5 seems to have fixed that. I flew BA to Italy not long after T5 opened--nightmare!

My preference is Virgin, but they won't fly to Israel, so...

Check your luggage allowance. By law they give you 2 pieces on the JFK-LHR segment, but they've reduced it to 1 on LHR-TLV and I don't know which allowance will take priority.

mom2cuties

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 9:28 am
So I was able to get my seats because I spoke to the lady at british and I told them that I am jewish and my sabbath is 24 hrs before the flight so she told me she was going to take care of it. And she did, they gave me seats last night, and im flying at the end of august. But I dont know if this is wrong of me but the seats she gave me aer sooo far back I wanted to know if anyone thought it would be worng if I called back up to see if they could give me further up seats?

Mrs Bissli

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 9:46 am
I think coach seats start like 30 and above (of course it depends on configuration), because they have Economy Plus rows ahead of Economy.

Nesia tova!

mom2cuties

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 9:50 am
oh really, so I have like row 27 and t hen row 30, and then one flight I have 17 and then again 27 something like that. How would I know if I got economy seats?

mummy-bh

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 12:25 pm
Unless you paid through the nose for your tickets, you have economy seats!

mom2cuties

Post Sat, Jun 13 2009, 10:31 pm
oh ok so I have economy seats then

ShakleeMom

Post Sat, Jun 13 2009, 11:14 pm
we flew with continental recently... and the nerds did not mention to us that row # 14 is 1 before the emergency exit so tra la la, no reclining! But the service was great. And in London, in the middle of the night there wasn't anybody by 'declare' at customs, we just walked through it. too cool.

mom2cuties

Post Sat, Jun 13 2009, 11:27 pm
did you fly just straight to london or you went to israel?

miriamnechama

Post Sat, Jun 13 2009, 11:43 pm
I'm booked with them for monday week, to london lets see what happens... I'll be there for 4 days, just still dont know what flight to take monday to london, either 8am or 5pm, can't decide.

last time I flew drittish was like 15 years ago to holland and they were fine though no food. I need to order my food to I suppose.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics