Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
I got a juror subpoena

esteer

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 8:26 pm
arggg! today I got a juror subpoena for failure to respond to questionaire they sent months before and now they expect me to show up in person Mad Mad Mad does anyone know what to do are they any alternate ideahs how I can wave . please help!!!!!!!!!

el2cg

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 8:38 pm
I had that too! call up the phone # on the questionaire (do u still have it?) and answer the questions by phone. It takes a day or two for their system to update- call them to check if they received it. g'luck

esteer

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 8:56 pm
no phone # on letter theys specificly ask that I have to appear in person

smilingmom

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 9:22 pm
Do you work? If yes, why can't you just appear. They will let you select a date to serve.
It is a big moral and civic obligation to serve, especially for a frum Jew.
I've written this before hand.
scenario #1: What if C"V you or one of your relatives or neighbors got into a car accident with a person of a different background and you had six jurors decide whose fault it was. Would you want all the jurors to be of the other sides background or would you feel more confident with at least one frummie on the jury.
scenario #2: A frum victim of crime, Would the jurors be more likely to believe frum victim or alleged criminal? The makeup of the jury has a lot to do with outcome.

If you don't work because you stay home with kids, just bring youngest kids birth certificate. That will get you off the hook.

QUEENY

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 10:04 pm
If you do go and have really young children bring the youngest child's birth certificate. I sent in twice this year and got excused.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 10:45 am
Lucky ... I would SO love to do that !!!

smilingmom

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 10:49 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Lucky ... I would SO love to do that !!!

Get excused or serve???

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 10:50 am
Serve.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 10:55 am
smilingmom wrote:
Do you work? If yes, why can't you just appear. They will let you select a date to serve.
It is a big moral and civic obligation to serve, especially for a frum Jew.
I've written this before hand.
scenario #1: What if C"V you or one of your relatives or neighbors got into a car accident with a person of a different background and you had six jurors decide whose fault it was. Would you want all the jurors to be of the other sides background or would you feel more confident with at least one frummie on the jury.
scenario #2: A frum victim of crime, Would the jurors be more likely to believe frum victim or alleged criminal? The makeup of the jury has a lot to do with outcome.

If you don't work because you stay home with kids, just bring youngest kids birth certificate. That will get you off the hook.
Thumbs Up

smilingmom

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 10:57 am
You can call the County Clerk's Juror Hotline or go to their website and asked to be added to the pool.
You will be called withinthe next two months.

http://www.nyjuror.gov/volunte.....1.php
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries