Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much does your family make a year?
1  2  Next

How much does your family make per year
$10,000 -$15,000 per year  
 7%  [ 11 ]
$15,000-$25,000 per year  
 11%  [ 18 ]
$25,000-$35,000 per year  
 12%  [ 19 ]
$35,000-$40,000 per year  
 10%  [ 16 ]
over $50,000  
 57%  [ 88 ]
Total Votes : 152

lizza1984

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 8:25 pm
How does everyone manage?

Maya

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 8:27 pm
Are you asking about this particular year, or during better times? Smile

lizza1984

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 8:36 pm
this year

amother

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 8:42 pm
were not Sad

on WIC and Foodstamps. only the baby has medicaid. dh and I have no medical insurance so we just dont go to drs.

we have exactly enough to pay the bills and rent each month. no car. if we need new clothes or shoes, either we dip into our savings or manage without. our parents buy us plane tickets if they want us to come visit. no eating out or going out.

other than that- life is good!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 9:00 pm
amother wrote:
were not Sad

on WIC and Foodstamps. only the baby has medicaid. dh and I have no medical insurance so we just dont go to drs.

we have exactly enough to pay the bills and rent each month. no car. if we need new clothes or shoes, either we dip into our savings or manage without. our parents buy us plane tickets if they want us to come visit. no eating out or going out.

Just curious - aren't the income levels for foodstamps stricter than Medicaid? How do you have foodstamps but not medicaid?

Skippy!!

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 9:09 pm
amother wrote:
were not Sad

Maybe you're eligible for Family Health Plus?

lizza1984

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 9:49 pm
amother wrote:
were not Sad

its wonderful that your spirit can be still "high" even through hard times

amother

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 9:51 pm
you missed out between 40,000 to 49,000

amother

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 9:52 pm
lizza1984 wrote:
How does everyone manage?

that's a question that only G-d knows the answer.
The way I see it: only through a miracle.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 9:58 pm
amother wrote:
you missed out between 40,000 to 49,000

Right!

We make $49K. So I just choose the 50k +.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 10:28 pm
I live in Israel and never though of how much we make so I had to yank out the calculator just to answer the question.

It's around $33K, though I rounded down just to be sure. In America that's not a lot but that seems like a lot to me here in Israel and for some reason I still feel like we don't get by.

I am not eligible for any government assistance as far as I know.

wif

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 11:25 pm
We live in israel, where our cost of living is really low, much lower than all of my friends in america. Problem is, so is our combined salaries, so, we shift the bills around, pretending to pay them, just like my 4 year-old shifts her food around pretending to eat it. Sometimes I even fool myself!

No, honestly, it's a miracle. When things are desperate, money/needed items arrive. Like this month's been tight, and I was out of shampoo and detergent and putting off buying more, cuz, you know, you can't really eat shampoo or detergent. Suddenly, a nearby seminary finished, and a girl we know brought over all the leftover--guess guess guess--shampoos and detergents.

Be"H, it'll get easier for all of us soon!

amother

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 12:36 am
I'm in Israel, I guess we make a combined $24k or maybe 25. We have two kids and one on the way, housing is cheap, and we're doing ok. We're not wealthy, but we feel like we have everything we need and are definitely not living on bare minimum alone, we go out once in a while, buy new clothes for the kids and occasionally for us too, buy books, treats when needed etc. Basically, for our current needs we have enough. B"H our earning power will grow in the future as our needs expand.

Marion

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 12:36 am
Also in Israel, and it depends on what exchange rate you're using. I did it with $1/4NIS and it worked out about $30,000.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 2:01 am
I'm the previous amother from Israel, I guess I calculated wrong, I'm really bad at math. I think we make something like 36k so that would put us two categories higher than I thought. I guess we're doing pretty well.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 2:09 am
amother wrote:
I'm the previous amother from Israel, I guess I calculated wrong, I'm really bad at math. I think we make something like 36k so that would put us two categories higher than I thought. I guess we're doing pretty well.

I'm the amother from Israel who wrote 33.
Amother, do you feel like you manage?
I'm just in a bit of shock because if someone would ask me how much it costs to live comfortably in Israel, I would certainly guess much less. And then for some reason I added it up and saw it was more, I was in a bit of shock because I feel like we certainly do not manage.
Do you feel like you're living comfortably on that salary?
(Feel free not to answer. I know these are personal questions and not my business.)

amother

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 2:24 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

I'm the amother from Israel who wrote 33.
Amother, do you feel like you manage?
I'm just in a bit of shock because if someone would ask me how much it costs to live comfortably in Israel, I would certainly guess much less. And then for some reason I added it up and saw it was more, I was in a bit of shock because I feel like we certainly do not manage.
Do you feel like you're living comfortably on that salary?
(Feel free not to answer. I know these are personal questions and not my business.)

Yes, I do feel we manage, we're doing ok. Not struggling, even though there are many things we can't afford. We try to be scrupulous with our budget, but we do splurge on occasion. Our housing costs are not that high, our children are young, but we do pay a lot for maon (I think 1,350 NIS). We own a car, and use it to commute on a daily basis. We're not fancy people but not super frugal either. We hope to have a larger income in the next few years as DH is only starting out in his chosen field and he's pretty talanted so we're assuming he should do well as he gains experience in his field.
I guess living comfertably is all relative, you have to compremise somewhere to be able to live comfertably on our salary. We love the place we live in so we don't feel it's a compromise, but I guess it wouldn't work for everyone.

Marion

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 3:24 am
I think it depends on a lot of things. Our housing costs are relatively high, but we pay very little for maon. (I'm actually terrified of tzaharon costs for next year...) We make a little bit less since we got the car as part of my salary; but it's worth so much more in standard of living than what it "costs" us from my salary!

amother

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 4:08 am
there was no option for 0 income embarrassed
we live in israel, have no income and are b'H supported by both parents.
I dont appreciate it enough.......
but it's not always easy knowing that we always have to take,take,take

amother

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 7:11 am
120k after taxes
with tuition, mortgage, cars, insurance, mayser, etc
thats not much leftover for a jewish family.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics