Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Dream interpretation?

healthywoman

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 12:29 pm
does anyone here know the kabalistic reason for dreams?
I once learned that if you see certain things in your dreams they mean something but I forgot if it's good or bad
so does anyone know what it means if your teeth are falling out in your dream?

thanks

GoodEnough

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 12:31 pm
I had the 'teeth falling out' dream a few times when I was pregnant, I tried asking family then what it meant but no one knew the answer.

louche

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 3:12 pm
muminlondon wrote:
I had the 'teeth falling out' dream a few times when I was pregnant, I tried asking family then what it meant but no one knew the answer.

You need more calcium and a dental checkup.

justmom

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 3:17 pm
As my grandmother would have said, "it means your teeth will never fall out"

Aribenj

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 5:02 pm
I always heard teeth falling out meant a big change coming your way... I get those when I'm pregnant too.

Shirley

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 5:06 pm
Don't mean to be a downer here - but I grew up knowing that we don't speak about our teeth at night; cuz dreaming about teeth is a bad omen.

This one time as a kid, I had a dream of my teeth rotting or something to that effect, (oddly enough, even in my dream I had this 'bad dream' feeling), my parents said I should put money in tzedaka and say tehillim.

I'm not sure about the source of this though, but I'm almost certain that it is Kabbala.

solo

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 5:23 pm
I had that one too
it was really disturbing and I couldnt stop thinking about it
so I went to the dentist
and he found 4 cavities
so I fixed them
alls well that ends well

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 5:27 pm
Shirley wrote:
Don't mean to be a downer here - but I grew up knowing that we don't speak about our teeth at night; cuz dreaming about teeth is a bad omen.

This one time as a kid, I had a dream of my teeth rotting or something to that effect, (oddly enough, even in my dream I had this 'bad dream' feeling), my parents said I should put money in tzedaka and say tehillim.

I'm not sure about the source of this though, but I'm almost certain that it is Kabbala.

The Gemara, actually.

shosh

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 5:32 pm
I used to dream about my teeth falling out quite often and at certain really significant points in my life. I read somewhere that it's a sign of uncertainty and change, and when I look back at certain life events I see the truth in this. Are you going through various changes in your life? Are you undergoing a certain period of uncertainty?

Another sign of uncertainty in dreams is if you dream that you are on a train or lost on some kind of journey. For years, I dreamed of being on a train, which is significant for me bc I had a phobia of trains for many years after beingin in a train accident at the age of 16. In these dreams, I was always getting to an undefinable destination or searching for someone - usually my ex husband or one of my children. I was often back in England, in the town where I grew up as a child. Often I ran through huge station concourses or sat on interminable rides.

One of the first signs that my life had settled down and that I was more sure of myself was when these train dreams stopped.

These days, I fall into bed so exhausted that I no longer have any time for dreams.

imamama

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 7:29 am
I don't remember where I heard this, but supposedly, dreaming about your teeth falling out means you're worried about money. What

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 9:44 am
not yosef - but I think it simply means you like to eat Mr. Green and you need your teeth so you have a fear that one day they'll fall out ... and mushy food here we come ...

but don't we say chalom chalamti for a reason ... What

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 4:09 pm
According to Chazal, one should always interpret a dream to the good. I believe it's the Medrash in Eichah where it says that a dream follows its interpretation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics