Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Triple stoller for newborn twins and toddler?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Thu, Jun 18 2009, 10:48 am
I am due with twins in the Fall and DD will have just turned 3.

Is it worth it to get a triple stroller, in case I take all three out alone?
A triple stoller with 3 "seats" or 2 seats and a stand area??

sky

Post Thu, Jun 18 2009, 10:52 am
I'm in a very different situation. I'm expecting one baby - but have 2 who are 3 and 1 1/2. I like the thought of being able to go out with them all with a stroller so I don't have to worry about cranky, tired children.

I've been looking on craigslist for a triple trying to find a good deal.

the difference is that I have a double for the times when my 3 year old doesn't need a stroller.

For me it is important to be able to get out on long walks with all kids - it depends on what you need it for and what your lifestyle is.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jun 18 2009, 10:55 am
You do NOT need a triple stroller! Either get the Valco with the seat you put in front, or do what I did - I got the Kiddie Board for my son to stand on, attached behind the stroller. We accidentally left it at the zoo on pesach when he was 3 yrs 8 months old, and he quickly learned to walk holding on to the stroller. but a 3 yr old can do very nicely on a kiddie board, or just get the valco with the seat.

Skippy!!

Post Thu, Jun 18 2009, 10:56 am
How about the Valco twin with the toddler seat?
http://www.babyant.com/twin-ru......html

MimsCH

Post Thu, Jun 18 2009, 11:37 am
my cousin just got the valco twin with the seat for her 21 months old twins and newborn. she is very happy with it.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 18 2009, 1:35 pm
I have the valco double with a toddler seat and I really love it. Very good investment. I did not find it hard to push at all and sometimes I out an older kid in the toddler seat - like my 7 yr old who hates to walk (he's like the size of a 5 yr old) - and it's still easy to push. It's heavy and a apin to put in and out of the car because it's bulky, but I think it's worth it. The only problems I have are that the plastic for the stroller doesn't fit over the toddler seat so you need to do something else if it starts raining, and that in the summer you really need the sunshade, which is extra $. Oh - also, sometimes the kids on the bottom, depending on how old they are get annoyed that the feet of the kid in the toddler seat touch theurs, but we try to work that out.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Jun 19 2009, 1:18 am
My twins were 17 months old (and they only walked at 16 months so I wasn't sure until the end...) when Rivka was born. We managed fine with a double stroller. Also if it's an all day zoo type outing with your dh, you can always bring a single & a double so everyone has a seat. For regular outings wear one twin and put the other in the stroller if your older child needs to walk.

bnm

Post Fri, Jun 19 2009, 1:31 am
for a 3 year old I would just get a buggy board. if it would be for a 18 month old check out valco or the abc stroller from New Zealand which even has an option for 4 kids.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 19 2009, 7:15 am
OP here:
Thanks for all of your replies! I know that I came to the right place!

We live in the 'burbs and DD walks to shul holding my hand no problem, so the triple seating would be needed for malls/zoo/walks to the park.

The valco looks very interesting. I will need to check it out! How much does it go for? I am not a "bugaboo type of girl" but I am not sure I will get away with anything cheap in terms of a triple. I'd like to spend around $500 (we are not on social assistance!) is that possible???

Also, DH doesn't like the idea of DD only having the stand option. She is currently 2.5 and will mamash turn 3 when the twins are (Bezras Hashem) born. Do you think he is right? She walked at exactly a year and walks just fine, but she is still a little kid.

Thanks again for all the help/advice!

QUEENY

Post Fri, Jun 19 2009, 8:40 am
My son was 21 months old when the twins were born. I never bought a triple stroller. You have too realize it might be a while before you all three go on a big outing where you need a stroller for all three. I wished I had bought the valco but we got a jogging strooller and let my son sit on top. A triple stroller sounds like a bad investment unless you plan on having a fourth very soon.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Jun 19 2009, 9:22 am
OP if you are going to an all day zoo trip, bring an umbrella for your dd. You are going to want a decent umbrella anyway for times when you have one twin, etc. Or just bring your regular single stroller for her and have a great place to stash all the stuff. Or you can always put one baby in a MT / wrap / snugli and let dd sit a while. I don't think you need a triple. I managed just fine without one and at the time we walked pretty much everywhere, with twins who only leraned how to walk a few weeks before Rivka was born.

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Jun 19 2009, 1:56 pm
My DD was not two when my twins were born and I got the double valco with the toddler seat- I'm very happy with it so far.
My SIL had a 3 year old when her twins were born and got the same stroller as me- she's also very happy with it.
Just for you to be aware- the toddler seat seat does not come with a hood- that has to be purchased seperately. I ordered the stroller from countrymoosekids.com and she threw in a lot of accessories and gave me 10% off- so its definitely worth calling up and asking what discount she can give. I found her very helpful.

bbmom

Post Fri, Jun 19 2009, 4:14 pm
I don't have twins or a double stroller but I've seen many have lots of friends so here's my opinion.

It seems like your toddler walks without a problem and your only issue is long outings like the mall or the zoo. I would not reccomend the Valco for either of these types of trips. It seems to me that the front (3rd) seat is difficult to get in and out of and in places like the zoo or the mall (especially the zoo) your toddler isn't going to want to sit the whole time, he/she will want to sit only when he/she gets tired of walking. You're going to find yourself hoisting your three year old in and out in and out.

I would assume that an outing to the zoo with 3 kids includes your husband? If so get an umbrella stroller he pushes one, you push the other.

If a mall outing includes your husband, same thing.

If not (BRAVE mother going to the mall with infant twins and three year old!!!) get a buggy board. Standing is easier than walking for when DC gets tired and there are plenty of places to sit and rest in malls.

You might also want to consider wearing one of the twins and letting DC sit in the 2nd seat when he/she gets tired.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Jun 19 2009, 6:07 pm
don't get the valco, the kiddie seat will make your stroller tip over (if the kid is heavier than the infants of course). The mountain buggy is great for putting a kid in the front on the foot rest, for a quick hitch. my 4 year old hitches all the time and it's stable and great.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 19 2009, 6:31 pm
A triple carriage would be too wide to get through anywhere. Get a double and a kiddie board-kids do well on it.

tripletlyblessed

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 1:42 am
I loathe my Valco, but it is the best of the 3-seaters. I'd call Baby Jogger and see if they'll have their similar one out when you need it. I've been considering the Joovy Big Caboose.

sky

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 9:17 am
Like I said I would love a triple to be able to keep on going on my long walks each day. I keep on check craigs list - I doubt I would get one - but you can get one without spending a huge amount.

On craigs list I could find a side by side for $200 - http://philadelphia.craigslist......html

Or another side by side by Baby Jogger for $300 - http://cnj.craigslist.org/bab/1225963500.html
(They cost over $800 new)

Or a stadium seating one for $195: http://philadelphia.craigslist......html
(Those don't fold but many sell them with a hitch attachment to just add them to the back of the car).

I also often see Peg Prego with Triple stollers listed. I would love to get one just so I know I really have my independence.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 9:37 am
Sky arent you in Lakewood?

Look what I saw on the Jersey shore craigs list...

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.......html

sky

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 9:47 am
amother wrote:
Sky arent you in Lakewood?

Look what I saw on the Jersey shore craigs list...

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.......html

Thanks. I am. But right now I'm just window shopping. I don't want to buy anything before I have my third.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 9:55 am
(amother with the valco double w toddler seat)

Someone mentioned that it's likely to tip because the toddler is heavier than the infants in back. I don't think so, because the way the toddler seat sits, it's right on top of the middle bar of the stroller (between the 2 seats) and I think it's very well balances. Again, I didn't have twin infants in there so I can't say, but the lady that I bought it off of on Craigslist did, and she also had a 2-yr-old, abnd didn't say anything...
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics