Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Consignment stores in NYC

ss321

Post Fri, Jun 19 2009, 7:57 pm
in light of the secondhand thread, I decided to start this thread as well. I think consignment shopping is a good way to save money
please anyone with more info or names, add to it!!!
These are the consignment stores Ive either found really nice things in (ranging from scarves to skirts to even a suit once, jacket, maternity tops, endless list), [first 4] or ones ive gone to but havent found anything at (its a hit or miss type of thing).

1. Roundabout - 72 and Madison
2. La boutique - 67 and lexington and also 79 and madison
3. I dont remember the name, 4 . on 77 and madison
5. Ina's - somewhere in SOHO (I think they are mega overpriced but htey have pretty things to look at!)
6. One on Ave U and East 3rd I dont remember the name
7 91st between 3 and lex has 2 on the block, but I never found anything at them.

anyone else have any to add?
also, does anyone know of any consignment stores for childrens clothes?
also, any places that sell furniture that is secondhand but is not necessarily ANTIQUE (ie if you want beautiful good quality stuff and want to get it for less, but dont necessarily want antique style pieces!)
I hope there are others who can contribute to this thread!!!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 19 2009, 8:06 pm
a friend gaveme a list but it's at work, bli neder I'll post it next week - remind me if you're interested.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 9:48 am
I just went to one in Long Island called National Thrift. I only looked at the bikes & ride on toys but they had tons of clothes.

frumluv

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 3:24 pm
Although not consignment, Housing Works Thrift Shop is sometimes good...

sarahd

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 4:31 pm
I only remember names, not locations: Encore, Michaels, Spence-Chapin Thrift shop, MSKCC Thrift Shop. I usec to know of more, but it's been a while.

ss321

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 5:15 pm
sarahd wrote:
I only remember names, not locations: Encore, Michaels, Spence-Chapin Thrift shop, MSKCC Thrift Shop. I usec to know of more, but it's been a while.

MSKCC- any good? Ive never made it over there, it sounds like such a nice idea (all the $ goes to charity)

houswing works and national thrift- do they sell any nice furniture?

anon

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 6:46 pm
Great thread! I recently got into consignment shopping, you can get amazing deals. Can I request that ppl posting names and addresses of stores please share a bit about the store so that we know if it sounds like something we're looking for? TIA

Anyway, this is the store that I've started to check out once in a while:

On The Road Again, Inc: Children's Consignment Store
65-46 Grand Ave.
Maspeth, Queens, NY
718-417-7353

It's got lots of children's clothes, some of which are very nice. They have all sorts of baby gear (strollers, car seats, high chairs, bouncers, etc) and baby items (carseat head supports, bundlemes, crib sheets, stroller rain covers, etc). They also have some great toys, and they have lots of children's books (the books are generally around $1).

I would suggest trying to go when the owner/lady in charge is in the store because she's extremely nice and helpful. And since it's a consignment store, I find that I often DO need the help (to know if she has something in stock, to help me figure out how to use the strollers, etc).

rydys

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 6:57 pm
Is there one in Brooklyn?

I've always thought it would be a good in house job for a stay at home mom--can be taken care of during night hours when everyone is asleep. If I didn't work full time I'd consider it myself!

Maya

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 8:01 pm
Bis Resale - 1134 Madison Ave @ 84th Street
Encore - 1132 Madison Ave right next door to Bis

ss321

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 8:07 pm
rydys wrote:
Is there one in Brooklyn?

I've always thought it would be a good in house job for a stay at home mom--can be taken care of during night hours when everyone is asleep. If I didn't work full time I'd consider it myself!

yes there is, on ave u and like e 3rd or e 4th. I dont remember the name, but it is on the north side of the street (ie- closer if you will, to the prospect, than the belt). I havent ever found anything there, but I HAVE brought some old clothes there to sell and made a few hundred dollars!

sky

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 9:06 pm
I love the flee market here. But I have such a hard time getting there when there is still good stuff around.
I don't really have time to go consignement store shopping.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 10:17 am
Cancer Care Thrift Shop 1480 3rd Ave, New York - (212) 879-9868

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center: Thrift Shop
1440 3rd Ave, New York - (212) 535-1250

Spence-Chapin Thrift Shop 1473 Third Ave.

Arthritis Thrift Shop 212-772-8816 1430 Third Avenue (between 81 & 82 Streets

Take the 4 to 86th st.

Exit near intersection of E 86th St and Lexington Ave

Start out going East on E 86th St towards 3rd Ave

Turn right onto 3rd Ave

loveshoes

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 2:38 pm
I know this an old posting, but does anyone know of any good consignment/second hand stores in New Jersey either for women or children's clothing?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries