Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyone here buys Ezekiel bread or Essene bread?

Mevater

Post Sat, Jun 20 2009, 11:07 pm
Health books recommend it.

Who in BP/Flatbush sells it?

If you switched to it, do you feel better?

ShakleeMom

Post Sat, Jun 20 2009, 11:14 pm
Is that gluten free?

yitta25

Post Sat, Jun 20 2009, 11:23 pm
I know that weiss bakery in boro park sells ezekiel bread. I tasted it. Its pretty good. 13th ave b/w 50 and 51st street.

Ashrei

Post Sat, Jun 20 2009, 11:31 pm
I used to eat ezekiel's bread all the time.

It's mezonos bread, btw. And it must be refrigerated because otherwise it goes bad quickly.

I haven't bought it since I moved to Flatbush, but I bet the food co-op and/or Natural Frontier Market, both on Cortelyou, will have it. The Food Co-op is generally cheaper, so I'd check there first. They're right across from the Q train stop on Cortelyou. (You could always call these places first to see if they have it.)

I believe I did feel better eating it, but I was on an overall better diet at that time. IMNSHO The number one thing anyone can do to feel better is to eliminate refined sugar, including artificial sweeteners, from your diet. You can get all the fancy, complicated diets you want, but you won't get far if you eat sugar. This includes sugar in cooking, and brown sugar.

spinkles

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 1:23 am
Quote:
It's mezonos bread, btw

Our Rav holds that it's hamotzi, so OP you might want to run it by your LOR.

We eat it all the time, but just be warned--I personally don't find it very filling, so I end up eating a lot more of it than regular bread.

Mevater

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 1:40 am
Are any Ezekiel breads made without wheat?

willow

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 1:58 am
I find it delicious and make a hamotzi on it.

pina colada

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 2:01 am
I heard that the Ezekiel's bread is made out of sprouts so it is Shehakol.

This is what I was told by someone who recommended this bread to me. Check with a Rav.

Landau's health food store in Boro Park has it. The Health Shoppe probably does too.

mommymorah

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 3:28 am
I checked with the Chof-K a couple of years ago, because they give the Hechsher. They told me that it's Hamotzie, and, at the time, that it was Pas Yisroel. Later on I saw a sign in a health-food store in Brooklyn that it was no longer Pas Yisroel, but since I can't get this kind of bread otherwise, I eat it anyway. I find it filling, and I don't feel lethargic after eating it, unlike with regular wheat bread.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 3:31 am
What is the bread made from?

mommymorah

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 4:31 am
Sprouted grains which are then ground into flour.

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 4:41 am
BTW, the package of Ezekiel bread has pasuk 4:9, but conveniently skips reference to 4:12...

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 7:55 am
I ate it when we lived in the U.S. and bought it in from the freezer section of Whole Foods or at Trader Joe's.

willow

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 8:54 am
I always lived out of town and could get it in Trader Joe's in the regular bread section or sometimes in other stores in the frozen section. They have all the varieties of bread rye, spelt, wwheat, 7 grain... I can also buy it here in Israel both fresh and frozen. I buy it at the health food store.

etky

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 5:13 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
BTW, the package of Ezekiel bread has pasuk 4:9, but conveniently skips reference to 4:12...

I've never heard of Ezekiel bread before - this pasuk was exactly what came to my mind though when I saw this thread. shock
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries