Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
WWYD???

amother

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 2:54 am
I made a chicken order yesterday(10chickens)
I asked for chickens of about 1.3kilo each (israel)
they arrived and were TINY, about 1-1.1kilo.
I am really upset-I cant serve such tiny pieces.
I cant ask them to pick it up cuz they'd have to throw it out cuz I opened the bag already and I also cleaned them all already.
I called up to complain and they said they understood I said up to 1.3kilo and what do I want them to do.
I really want them to send me some shnitzels and quaters to make up for it but I'm too shy to ask for it.....so they said they'll see what they can do and call me back.
what would you do?

drumjj

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 3:00 am
ask them to send u some quarters and shnitzels to make up for it. at the end of the day esp in israel they are used to ppl asking things like that I wouldnt worry about they have ur money.

justmom

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 3:15 am
I'm confused why one would have to be anonymous to post this, but OK. If you paid by weight then they didn't overcharge you-- go to the store and pick out what you want next time.

EM

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 3:27 am
usually when I order (hackers) I have the opposite problem - they send me huge chickens! like justmom, I would also go and choose - usually they will deliver it either way...

amother

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 3:53 am
justmom wrote:
I'm confused why one would have to be anonymous to post this, but OK. If you paid by weight then they didn't overcharge you-- go to the store and pick out what you want next time.

sorry if it bothers you but I dont want ppl to figure out who I am if I told them the problem in 'real life'

and sometimes it's not possible to go to the store, and now it's happened already...

Raizle

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 4:25 am
just by the way, small chickens are tastier

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 5:14 am
I hear you ... personally like an in between size - not too small or too big ... to me that looks the best and cooks the best ...

why would they throw them out if they sent the wrong size ... but I guess now that you cleaned them it's for sure too late ...

so I suggest that you make some extra food when you serve the tiny pieces of chicken to fill out the plate or the meal ...

amother

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 5:49 am
greenfire wrote:
I hear you ... personally like an in between size - not too small or too big ... to me that looks the best and cooks the best ...

why would they throw them out if they sent the wrong size ... but I guess now that you cleaned them it's for sure too late ...

so I suggest that you make some extra food when you serve the tiny pieces of chicken to fill out the plate or the meal ...

because I opened the seal so I shall hope they dont take it back and sell it again. (cuz of kashrus) also it's cut up.

willow

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 5:54 am
If it was there mistake they should let you keep the chicken and compensate accordingly.

CantFindOne

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 5:58 am
I'm sorry for you, but is it such a difference in 200 grams less per chicken, it's like 50 gr less per qtr, I don't know maybe it is, doesn't sound like it to me...

happyone

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 6:07 am
If you cleaned it already, what in heavens name did you expect them to do for you. You did see the size as soon as you opened the bag, you could have returned it right then and there. Don't tell me you expected them to give you shnitzel for free to compensate you for you aggravation??!!! That would be a ludicrous demand. You paid by the pound and did see the size as soon as it got delivered. Next time, go handpick your chickens.
Personally, the smaller the size, the tastier the chicken - and the nicer the plate presents.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 8:34 am
UPDATE
as I said before, I called this morning and complained, but I'm shy and dont speak hebrew well. I just told them what I order, what I got and he asked me what do I want him to do, I said I dont know. (didnt say I cleaned them but he said he cant take it back they're not allowed ) he said he'll see and took my phone number.

just now their delivery guy came with a bag and in it were 2chickens, cut up with the quaters, shnitzel, wings and bones.

I think it's extremly decent. (I wouldnt have asked for it) but that's service. I will order there again....

willow

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 8:56 am
Yay

geemum

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 9:33 am
you're very lucky. when I received an order that was not exactly what I ordered, they said sorry and please check ur order before the driver goes!

good for you enjoy your guests

louche

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 10:38 am
I hope you're going around telling everyone what a great butcher he is, because he really, really did not have to do that.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 10:41 am
okay
it was טרי טרי in romema.
I was also pleasantly surprised. eventhou I made supper tonight and I had to make an extra quater cuz they were so small. I know I paid less but I rather pay a bit more and get bigger pieces......
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette