Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sheitel macher yelled at me :(
1  2  Next

amother

Post Fri, Jul 03 2009, 12:25 am
So I purchased a sheitel a year ago, but 2 mos in the hair started changing colors and something felt off.

Yes I did purchase it on a freeda sale, but everyone told me I could trust this sheitel macher so I did Sad

As I am newly married and moved to a new community (away from the sheitel macher), I went to a new sheitel lady and she looked at it and said that I basically got a junk sheitel and that I should go back to the original person that sold me and say if they stand behind it to refund me.

So I called the original sheitel macher, and she told me to contact freeda, because it was their sale and it's not her problem. I called freeda and they told me that, "this is why the sheitel was so cheap and offered me only half of what I paid. Of course life got busy and I never returned it, and I am sure now it's to late. We happened to be visiting the community where I originally purchased the sheitel. So I brought it with me, and the woman said bring it by and she will look at it.

Mind you I had not worn it since like 8 mons before because it did nto fit right. The sheitel macher screamed that it's all stretched out from one year of wearing it, and that she stands behind her sheitels and will fix it. I cried that I only wore it 2 mos!! She did not believe me. told me she would take it and see what she can do. Just called me 2 days ago and told me that she's fiixed it and for me to come by. I told her that she never told me a price, to which she responded $55. I told my dh and he said that's not bad, let's go by and see and this time I will go with you so she cannot bark at u.

I am nervous but it's upsetting Confused Confused

Pizza

Post Fri, Jul 03 2009, 12:41 am
Good for you, that dh is coming with you!
I find that frequently people are much more chauvenist than you would think, and having dh with you makes them behave better than they would have otherwise, and they cave better to pressure from me to give me a better deal. He doesnt have to say a thing, just stand there and look interested.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 8:24 pm
so continuing my saga..

I had told her point blank do nto fix it or do anything to the sheitel until I know the price, I do not want to put more money into a sheitel I do not like. She said fine fine.

I took my husband with me, because she called to tell me that she fixed it and it was $55. My husband said, "listen $55 is not bad if it is fixed so let's go and see." I gave him my look of, I know this woman and she is going to pressure me and yell again. but he responded, "I know I know but I will be there you this time."

So we went to her place and I tried it on. It felt a little bit better, but honestly still did not fit my head and felt really uncomfortable. She started pushing, "well maybe in a month you will feel different etc."

Then all of a sudden the price went up to $105 because she cleaned it as well!! This time my husband got upset and said, "my wife told u not to fix it until we know the price first you say it is $55 now you say it's 105. I do not even think she will wear it after this."

So the sheitel macher get's angry and starts yelling, I have done this for xyz years, and it hurts you do not trust me... Then throws the sheitel bag towards us and says take it for nothing, just take it and it be on your conscience that I spent my hard earned money on ur sheitel.

We did n ot know what to do, then I said it's not only the fit but the color. Mostly the fit is not great, and I am still happy with it.

In the end we told her find someone that will use it as we are not about to spend more money on something that I will not wear. To which she responded, "you (meaning me) are lucky to have a husband willing to spend on you for a lexus sheitel and channel clothing." I was dumbfounded because I am NOT LIKE THAT!! I was ready to just walk out and I kid you not. She says let me show you another sheitel. I honestly just wanted to leave but she insisted and put it on my head. the cap was right etc etc, but I was so frustrated with her that I said u know I just want to leave. I could not believe after all the yelling she actually tried to sell me another sheitel!?

Nicole

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 11:25 am
This woman sounds mentally unstable. I mean that seriously. It is not normal for an adult woman to speak like this with a client, regardless of the situation, especially if things went the way you write that they did.
B"H you and dh seem to understand and support each other. I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 1:41 pm
(And $60 for a wash?! Is that normal anywhere?)

bubby

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 1:49 pm
Why don't you donate it to a sheital gemach? Someone, somewhere, will be thrilled. After all, it's almost brand new! That will make YOU feel better. And find another sheitel macher!

faigie

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 2:38 pm
somone who stands behind their wig, shouldnt be charging yout o fix it.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 4:30 pm
faigie wrote:
somone who stands behind their wig, shouldnt be charging yout o fix it.

that was my thoughts exactly, but to each their own.

It was supposidly $55 to fix the cap, which I had had issues with from day one and she told me on in a month you will get used to it. And 50 for the wash, which she claims she had to do twice, once before the fix and once after the fix....

amother

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 4:34 pm
Nicole wrote:
This woman sounds mentally unstable. I mean that seriously. It is not normal for an adult woman to speak like this with a client, regardless of the situation, especially if things went the way you write that they did.
B"H you and dh seem to understand and support each other. I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience.

I actually kept back some of the details so no one could figure out who she is. But this is the gist of what happened.

geemum

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 5:21 pm
She was probably having a really bad day. I think she felt guilty that she shoulted at you and she was trying to butter u up again so tried to sell u another wig. she was nervous to lose you as a customer perhaps

either way I'm sure it was awful having this woman shouting at you. good for your DH to stick with you - he's a good man Smile

I once had a problem with a sheitl that I gave in for repairs and they weren't done right. but the person I gave instructions to was on maternity leave or something like that. anyway I ended up paying another $80 to re-fix it. and 4 months later - and its back in its old state.

That's life! Horrible, I swallowed and forgot about it. Won't put any more money into this sheitl.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 5:37 pm
she sounds crazy

Nicole

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 7:23 pm
amother wrote:
Nicole wrote:

I actually kept back some of the details so no one could figure out who she is. But this is the gist of what happened.

That's funny. Bec I had a similar situation with the woman who I bought my shaitel by. But this was her own company shaitel. Rolling Eyes what a waste.

bubby

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 8:20 pm
It's so counter-productive to treat a customer like this. If she wants to keep you as a client & hopefully, you would recommend her, she should have fixed a smile on her face & made the sheitel right.

So she's lost out. I'd give her the $55 for "fixing" it, but not anything for washing, which was never discussed. And you'll find another person to buy from next time, one who offers good after-sales service.

BTW...I went to see JAP wigs last week. Quite nice, very good price, but I thought I'd heard wrong when the woman there told me they do not give any guarantee. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. Gornisht.

I was shock shock shock So I don't think I'll take the risk because I can't afford to lose $500+ right now if I'm not happy. Another time, maybe. Confused

geemum

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 6:30 pm
bubby wrote:
It's so counter-productive to treat a customer like this. If she wants to keep you as a client & hopefully, you would recommend her, she should have fixed a smile on her face & made the sheitel right.

So she's lost out. I'd give her the $55 for "fixing" it, but not anything for washing, which was never discussed. And you'll find another person to buy from next time, one who offers good after-sales service.

BTW...I went to see JAP wigs last week. Quite nice, very good price, but I thought I'd heard wrong when the woman there told me they do not give any guarantee. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. Gornisht.

I was shock shock shock So I don't think I'll take the risk because I can't afford to lose $500+ right now if I'm not happy. Another time, maybe. Confused

That's ridiculous, its like they're telling you their wigs are so terrible they can't risk giving you a guarantee.
Never heard of this before, I would stay well away.

bubby

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 6:42 pm
On the contrary, the assistant said no one has ever had a problem, therefore they don't need to give a guarantee. (My DD's SIL is a sheitel macher & she told DD they're pretty good & wash nicely.) Hey, I'm just the customer, what do I know? Confused What

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 8:10 pm
WOW. I've been embarassed about wearing a snood for a while because I just don't want to spend the money that wearing shaitels entails--- my husband is unemployed and I'm supporting the whole family working at home while being the kids primary care giver.

You're making me happy that I'm a snood person and not a shaitel person lately.

How can anyone treat someone like that?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 8:42 pm
omg! The crazy sheitel macher just called and lectured my husband.

That she paid out the money to fix it and that she feels bad. Hinting for 15 min that she really wanted that $55 that she "laid out" to fix it.

She tried to call my phone as well and I did not answer.

I have this thing, if ur mean to me I am done, I do not need the guilt. And that $55 is going for something else that I feel my entire family can enjoy, and in this economy $55 is a lot of money. That I never would have put into a sheitel that I was not happy with to begin with. Esp since I only requested a quote, and she fixed it w/out asking.

bubby

Post Tue, Jul 14 2009, 8:29 am
Your DH (or you if she gets to you) should tell her quite firmly that although you won't LH & destroy her business, people know you were her customer & if anyone asks you will answer. So if she wants a good reference, she should stop harassing you.

$55 is $$ for you & if you believe you're right, so be it. She should write it off as her own fault. You'd think she'd have some professional & personal pride, wouldn't you? What did DH say?

sunspot

Post Tue, Jul 14 2009, 9:09 am
[quote="bubby"]On the contrary, the assistant said no one has ever had a problem, therefore they don't need to give a guarantee. (My DD's SIL is a sheitel macher & she told DD they're pretty good & wash nicely.) Hey, I'm just the customer, what do I know? :? :what[/quote]

btw I happen to have a jap which I am thrilled with but when I went to get mine there was someone talking to the assistant about how it is knotting and feels dried out. I can't believe that there is any brand shaitel that has never encountered problems

levial

Post Tue, Jul 14 2009, 4:08 pm
I sympathize. That's so stressful and upsetting. Nice guilt trip she sent you both on. Plus so many opportunities for retorts! Lexus shaitel? I'd say it's more like (insert your least favorite car)...that still is the wrong color.

In your shoes, since she said, "take it for nothing then" and threw it at you I might just not return her calls and if you answer indicate you no longer wish to be harassed.

OTOH, this being the three weeks, and so on, I might give her a check for the $55 as that is what you agreed to, and indicate that you hope she knows she's welcome to to give it to tzedakah if she still wants to "not accept" payment as she indicated before. (I know, I'm mean).

I don't know if any sheitel machers can comment as to what she might have done for $55; I'm sure if she charged $55, it was more for labor and hair dye (depending on what she fixed) to sew it tighter, not that she paid out cash to put in a row of hair? So let go of the guilt- there would have been a mark-up and if she had not yelled you might have paid the $55 then and there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics