Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Internet Filter Advice

Strawberry

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 12:55 am
I would like to get a filter for my internet at home. What kinds of filters are there? Anyone happy with their filter?

I think blocking images is the most important for us. I also want to be able to have an access code to go around the filter if I need to.

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 1:35 am
I'm very satisfied with K-9 which you can simply download for free. You pick what categories you want blocked, and you can block or unblock as you see fit with a password.

faigah

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 2:56 am
I have Jnet. Very happy with it. My husband wouldn't allow our computer at home without it. I work at home and if we didn't have a filter I would probably have to rent an office somewhere else.

jerusalem-girl

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 3:36 am
Kosher net allows for different types of filtering-'my level filtering.' I am happy with it. It is not too expensive and does not, from what I see, slow down my internet connection. You can either get your internet connection through koshernet, or download koshernet to work on your pre-existing internet connection.
B'hatzlacha! Enjoy the freedom of knowing that you're protected, regardless of which filter you choose.

Pizza

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 5:22 am
we use k-9 too
You can select specific categories to be blocked
and its free
free is good

its worth it to try it for a month or so, and if its not what you want, move on to something that costs money

Strawberry

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 6:08 am
Thanks everyone.
I downloaded k9. I really wanted a filter to block all images. Is there a way to do this with k9?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics