Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
The three weeks

kaye

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 12:09 pm
Can I get my shaitel cut during the three weeks?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 8:32 pm
AYLOR!!!!!

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 8:56 pm
You should certain ask your LOR, but I can tell you that my sheitel macher (who asks guidance from a Rav) does so before Rosh Chodesh, and doesn't work at all during the 9 days.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 10:02 pm
The nine days for sure not, the rest, maybe. Ask your lor.

ruthla

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 2:09 pm
I have a few related questions:

I was reviewing the halochos of the 3 weeks today, and noticed that it said not to buy or wear new clothes during the 3 weeks, and not to do laundry during the 9 days- but, if you don't have enough clothes, you can do laundry up until the week in which Tisha B'Av occurs.

But what if you don't have enough clothes to last through the week of Tisha b'Av? Would it be preferable to purchase new clothes during the 3 weeks, or to have to do laundry during the week of Tisha b"av? Does it matter if you buy "new" clothes or if you shop at a resale shop?

A few other general questions: If you get a pile of handmedowns (so, not purchased, clothes aren't "new" but you haven't worn them before), can they be worn for the first time during the 3 weeks/9 days?

What happens if your size rapidly changes and you suddenly find yourself without any clothing that fits, can you get new stuff during the 3 weeks? I'm thinking about how quickly I grew when I was pregnant, and how quickly my 14yo has been growing lately. Can I buy her new bras during the 9 days if she suddenly pops out of the ones she currently has?

And, on a totally practical matter that I'm embarrassed to ask my rav: Can I wash my bras during the week of Tisha b'Av? I only own 3, I can't afford to buy 4 more, and I get rashes under my breasts if I try to wear a bra twice without washing it in between.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions