Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Tti vs sara schneirer
1  2  3  Next

sarah633

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 3:54 pm
info??
which program is better. more recognized?

mommy#1

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 8:26 pm
sara schenirer is a great program! its for very short (2 yrs) and its recognized as better than tti, because it has the classes (thats what I heard from someone who hires people...)

greeneyes

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 6:12 am
Are you referring to the undergrad or graduate programs?

On an undergraduate level, TTI gives you college credits based on exams that you take. As I understand, Sarah Schneirer has regular classes.

When it comes to the graduate programs, TTI & Sarah Schneirer seem to be pretty similar. To me the major difference between the two is that TTI has classes all day every Sunday, whereas Sarah Schneirer has classes throughout the week for a few hours each day.

I don't think one program is more recognized than the other.

mommy#1

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 7:13 am
greeneyes wrote:
Are you referring to the undergrad or graduate programs?

On an undergraduate level, TTI gives you college credits based on exams that you take. As I understand, Sarah Schneirer has regular classes.

When it comes to the graduate programs, TTI & Sarah Schneirer seem to be pretty similar. To me the major difference between the two is that TTI has classes all day every Sunday, whereas Sarah Schneirer has classes throughout the week for a few hours each day.
I don't think one program is more recognized than the other.

sara schenirer has classes sundays from 9-2:30 and one or two nights a week

sarah633

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 9:41 am
I guess I dont understand how you could do a whole degree ba through tests.
is it worth anything.
has anyone gone to tti and then taken that degree and gone into a speech therapy program?
would it be recognised?
or something else besides special ed

sarah633

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 10:52 am
anyone?
tti - then go do speech
online course maybe?

imasinger

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 1:13 pm
My DD is just beginning this, but has lots of friends that have gone on for an MA.

DH and I looked into it, and feel it is a valid degree and a reasonable option.

sarah633

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 7:19 am
MA IN WHAT?
SPECIAL ED. TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING DIFFERENT

imasinger

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 5:00 pm
She's not sure yet. Special ed is a likely possibility. She is not sure where she would go for the MA (stay with TTI/Raizel Wright, or go elsewhere), but she needs to start with the BA.

sarah633

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 7:58 am
yeah thats where im at Smile

sarah633

Post Tue, Sep 29 2009, 10:33 am
IS THERE ANYONE THAT HAS GONE THROUGH THE TTI SYSTEM AND COULD GIVE ME AN IDEA
OF WHAT TESTS I WOULD HAVE TO DO TO BECOME A CERTIFIED TEACHER AND SEIT
AND WHEN WOULD I DO THEM AND HOW??
THANKS

n

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 9:12 pm
Bumping this old thread to see if anyone has any updated info on eaither of the programs. Have you been through it recently? Considering going back to school and wondering which would be a better option...thanks!!!!

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 10:51 pm
I would recommend going to a "real school". Most employers don't accept these degrees and graduate schools are becoming more aware and not accepting these applicants. I heard this from multiple sources on both sides of the desk.

ahuva06

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 1:35 am
I recently went to SS for my BA and I was very happy with the actual school. They work with you and offer interesting, kosher classes - both in the classroom and online. I can only speak for how they run I can't say who recognizes what though...

Shmaichel

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 4:55 am
LittleDucky wrote:
I would recommend going to a "real school". Most employers don't accept these degrees and graduate schools are becoming more aware and not accepting these applicants. I heard this from multiple sources on both sides of the desk.

Little Ducky,
Tti masters program is as real as you can get. It is very very intense, full Sunday of school, tons and tons of reports, fieldwork, practicum, and thesis paper. You need to take the 4 state tests to become certified as well. Each and every credit is only gotten through toil and hard work! So I don't know what you mean by 'real'. It is definitely accepted as a full masters and certification for the board of Ed as well as any school looking for a teacher with a degree. Please don't knock it based on rumors that are in fact not true at all.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 5:04 am
I know a lot of SLPS working in the Lakewood area, who got their degrees through TTI.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 5:29 am
How many years is the Sarah Schenirer bachelor's program? How many hours a week? And which degree do they grant?
Thanks.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:20 am
I got my degree through TTI. The masters program was a very serious intense program. I have worked many years at various jobs and am now working privately for a really nice price per session. (I make a lot more money that friends who went through SS.) Ultimately, it's up to the individual and how good you are at what you do. It's your talents, personality and experience that will get you a good job, not the means through which you got your degree.

Btw, I think the people that go to SS like to say that it's more recognized. (Maybe to validate their extra years of school?)

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:56 am
I think you should research masters programs, decide which ones you would like to pursue, then find out if they will accept a BA from TTI. If they will, then go for it. There is no need to spend extra time and work on your BA if you can fast track to your masters.

ahuva06

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 8:03 am
amother wrote:
How many years is the Sarah Schenirer bachelor's program? How many hours a week? And which degree do they grant?
Thanks.

You can complete it in a year if you work very hard. Most people do a full day Sunday and one other night a week + an online class or two. I taught on Sundays so they worked it out for me that I was able to do twice a week and more online classes than the average student. I happened to have LOVED the online classes. You have to be motivated and on top of the situation though. Feel free to keep the questions coming Smile
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics