Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Internet at work

blahblah

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 7:50 pm
am I the only one that has a job where they block out forums and chatrooms???I come home at night, log on to this site, and see people posting throught the day and stuff while they're at work.......am I the only one who actually works while I'm at work?
what do you all do for a living?

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 6:30 am
I know my office IT dept blocks facebook and chatroom. I usually have multiple screens open, tend to check when things are slow, between my proects/meetings, or lunchtime. I'm also good at multi-tasking and don't think I'm "robbing" my employer.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 6:35 am
where I used to work the entir internet was off limits.

where my husband works, ceratin things on the internet are off limits as well, but I know that where my father works, he has full range of anything he wants on the internet, so it jsut depends on where you work and what you are doing.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 12:30 pm
There can be many explanations:
1) Many people here are in different time zones/countries so you can't judge what time of day it is for them when they post.
2) Some people here are SAHM who many post when convenient for them.
3) Some people may be free to post at work as long as it isn't interfering with their responsibilities (or during their lunch or break time)
4) Some, like me, are self-employed and read and post in between things that need to be done or when everything is finished.

Beauticianista

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 12:34 pm
I have internet at work and no sites are blocked. I'm on here because it's dead dead dead Sad and there's nothing to do.

ss321

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 1:15 pm
Im in school and have acccess to hospital computers on breaks (now for instance). right now I am doing a rotation where I will be busy and inaccessible for hours, and then have big break times in between. I have heard facebook is blocked on the network, but IDK I dont have it no correct that -just checked, www.facebook.com is blocked. I think very little is blocked on here but I really dont know. You have to log in each time you use a computer, so whatever I access is tracked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics