Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
SAHM and bored
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

happyone

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 11:46 am
[quote="GR"][quote]

amother, if youre bored, just have another baby. it makes life much more exciting to be home with two, not just one Twisted Evil[/quote]

LOL. I was going to add that to my list, however, I was afraid I'll get bashed by the BC club.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 11:50 am
amother, if youre bored, just have another baby. it makes life much more exciting to be home with two, not just one Twisted Evil[/quote]

shock What is that supposed to mean????!!!! I don't even know what to say to that!

amother

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 11:51 am
not more exciting...harder...harder to go out and harder to stay indoors!

happyone

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 11:55 am
Hey, just looking through some other threads and thought if you start using cloth diapers, that would take lots of your time. Instead of tossing the diaper in the closest garbage can, you would have to wash it out.

happyone

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 11:59 am
In all seriousness..
Try finding something to sell on ebay. It's fun, time consuming and profitable.
good luck.

happymom

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 1:43 pm
Quote:
a while ago I had the idea to open something like this in Crown Heights but didnt think it would work.

amother, if youre bored, just have another baby. it makes life much more exciting to be home with two, not just one

rg, I think it would wrok in crown heights! if u make it nice and not expensive you would have a lot of people coming Exclamation there isnt much for babies to do here so it would be a great thing to start!

Im sorrybut being bored is totally not a good reason to have a baby!!!!!!! To have a baby because u want one, or because u are happy with what hashem is giving u... whatever the reason, fine... but because of being bored? shock

shoy18

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 1:45 pm
one more question for you happymom, if the gym at chelsey very crowded on a weekday?

happymom

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 1:48 pm
not at all! When I went there were only like 3 other kids there.

supermommy

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 1:54 pm
Quote:

amother, if youre bored, just have another baby. it makes life much more exciting to be home with two, not just one

happymom I think she meant this to be funny. When I first saw this topic I almost replied with "Bored? shock shock whose bored?" Then I realised OP has 1 child and I have 2. When I only had one I also had to find things to do to fill in my time.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 1:55 pm
what exactly do you do at the gym? It sounds like a great place to go to on chol hamoed. For what ages is it?

zigi

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 2:40 pm
its really funny gr I also had that idea, I wish the jewish childrens museum would have room for it. if not a basement could also work,(any one have a basement?) the equipment isn't so expensive,also if the price is good like 4-5$ or so its cheaper than busfare etc to go anywhere else, the brooklyn childrens museum has a baby play area but it doesnt really have any toys there, but they do have a soft block area, which is good when there aren't any older children there. and it is free the first thursday of every month. with having another baby its hard to shlep two kids on the subway, can only go to places where there is an elevater at each end.

happymom

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 4:25 pm
u can check it out online. there are pictures of it so u can see what they have...

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 5:27 pm
well what is the place called so I can check it out? stam chelsea piers?

happymom

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 5:55 pm
ya.. I dont know the name of the gym but I think yull find it if u check out chelsay piers online.

gryp

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 7:45 pm
Quote:
amother, if youre bored, just have another baby. it makes life much more exciting to be home with two, not just one Twisted Evil

calm down please. I was just kidding. didnt you see the Twisted Evil ??? (btw, my 2 yr old calls this emoticon "The Dancing Bear." Smile )
thank you supermommy for explaining.

Quote:
rg, I think it would wrok in crown heights! if u make it nice and not expensive you would have a lot of people coming there isnt much for babies to do here so it would be a great thing to start!

happymom, I thought out all the details down to what kind of bathrooms Wink , and it just wouldnt work for me, although I do think it is a great idea. perhaps someone else wants to do it. Wink.
zigi, I think the JCM museum should do it too. who wants to suggest it? Wink

happymom

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 7:46 pm
oh u were joking! phew Wink I dont know why I didnt realize.... Confused I guess cuz u never know... some people have really strange ideas...

jewgal84

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 8:04 pm
GR wrote:

Quote:
rg, I think it would wrok in crown heights! if u make it nice and not expensive you would have a lot of people coming there isnt much for babies to do here so it would be a great thing to start!

happymom, I thought out all the details down to what kind of bathrooms Wink , and it just wouldnt work for me, although I do think it is a great idea. perhaps someone else wants to do it. Wink.
zigi, I think the JCM museum should do it too. who wants to suggest it? Wink

Over Shabbos I mentioned the idea to a few ppl and although it seems like a great idea, being practical, I don't know how well it would work out.

For the first few days/weeks, you'll have a big enrollement and after that it will kinda go downhill.

Reallisticly, how many mom in CH are challishing to go every day to a mini Gym What ?

gryp

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 8:28 pm
Quote:
Over Shabbos I mentioned the idea to a few ppl and although it seems like a great idea, being practical, I don't know how well it would work out.

it is a great idea. (if I may say so myself Wink )
the main issue seems to be the money, ie. because renting a property is so expensive in NY, I dont think 4-5 dollars would cover it, and people wont pay much more than that. ive thought about family rates, starting is in a big basement as opposed to a storefront, and other ideas, but just dont see how its possible
so if anyone out there thinks its possible for them to do, hatzlacha rabbah, and ill certainly come at least a few times a month!

Quote:
For the first few days/weeks, you'll have a big enrollement and after that it will kinda go downhill.

I'm not so sure it would go that far downhill, people are always moving here, having more babies, or even need a place to nurse when shopping or on the way somwhere away from home.

Quote:
Reallisticly, how many mom in CH are challishing to go every day to a mini Gym ?

it would attract people from all over brooklyn, not just CH.

I really think the JCM should do it. it would attract people like me to their building who havent gone yet because the exhibits are too advanced for babies, and I wouldnt spend 10 bucks for admission on them to go see it until theyre older.

sheshycoco

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 8:33 pm
R u kidding, I would much prefer my toddler go to a miny gym with other kids his age and babies ,than enrole him in a playgoup, and will probably end up cheaper. Parents with 2 kids at home are going crazy, this is great, noone has to go every day for it to be a success.
I could help if anyone wants, just I don't have a basement. It a worthwhile investment, and I am 99% it will go with flying colours.
Aslong as I am here, I will come.

jewgal84

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 9:16 pm
We'll start our own support group, right here on imamother Very Happy !!!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics