Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Spelling errors on Imamother
1  2  Next

amother

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 3:52 pm
What is your reaction to spelling errors on imamother? I find that often people use the word then instead of than, you're is often written as your and a host of other spelling mistakes. Do these spelling errors urk you too? (I am not referring to typos)

amother

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 3:54 pm
This happens every single time such a post comes up: there is at least one spelling mistake in the original post.

GoodEnough

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 3:55 pm
amother wrote:
What is your reaction to spelling errors on imamother? I find that often people use the word then instead of than, you're is often written as your and a host of other spelling mistakes. Do these spelling errors urk you too? (I am not referring to typos)

intentional????

amother

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 3:56 pm
yup, for starters

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 4:31 pm
Won problem is that sew many of are mistakes pass spell Czech!

Falafel

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 4:45 pm
unforunately their is no grammer chek

anewday

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 5:43 pm
I type some words short on purpose...sorry in advance if it bothers u! guess im just used to texting like that

beila

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 4:55 am
Don't bother me none.
(Even though I personally can't text anyone without writing out all the words.) I guess it's ingrained in me. And it has to be perfect. It's so different today.

imamama

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 5:37 am
Spelling errors don't bother me, unless they're exceptionally bad. Sometimes I get a good laugh out of people's misuse of words, or mixed metaphors, though.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 8:24 am
In my case, being the spelling champion of my school five years running, my typos are usually from haste and impatience to backspace and retype.

bubby

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 8:57 am
I'd be so much quicker posting if I didn't have to keep correcting my typos Rolling Eyes from my 1-fingered typing.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 10:17 am
I think that somehow talking with our fingers gets more confusing than one would contemplate ... Scratching Head I imagine also that the people who spell incorrectly often didn't have proper schooling - cause in my day we would not have gotten away with poor spelling and I notice these days it's just horrific and seemingly acceptable ...

amother

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 2:42 pm
Don't forget, we're all over the world, not only in Enlgish speaking countries. I personally have hardly anybody to talk English to, so I think I do have spelling mistakes here and there, please forgive us all.

Pizza

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 2:49 pm
I am sometimes annoyed/ surprised at the low level of the spelling here. its not the shortcuts, its the thoughtless / I never studied for a spelling test kind of poor spelling.

I attribute it to the younger posters, or those who have never held a job where spelling mattered. unfair? dunno.

bbmom

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 2:54 pm
Actually I've seen many careless spelling errors and shorthand (my pet peeve) by posters here if all ages. I'm probably one of the younger ones here.

First Lady

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 3:46 pm
Pizza wrote:
I am sometimes annoyed/ surprised at the low level of the spelling here. its not the shortcuts, its the thoughtless / I never studied for a spelling test kind of poor spelling.

I attribute it to the younger posters, or those who have never held a job where spelling mattered. unfair? dunno.

You forget that not everybody here lives in an English speaking country and thus English is not their first and maybe not even their second language.

Sherri

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 5:42 pm
Although I do often cringe, I realize that people are typing quickly (and many times passionately) and don't have time or patience to spell-check and re-type the words correctly.

However, when I see a post that is chock-full of mistakes and typos, I think of the poster as lazy.
I don't think it's respectful.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 5:48 pm
Pizza wrote:

You mean, "It's not the shortcuts; it's the thoughtless.." Right? LOL

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 9:23 pm
b'h
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Won problem is that sew many of are mistakes pass spell Czech!

Ha ha
Quote:
unforunately their is no grammer chek

Yeh right LOL

Op if I were u I would not even go there, especially as amother.U are opening up a HUGH can of worms!!!

I am the Queen of grammer......

MIstakes

pina colada

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 10:50 pm
bubby wrote:
I'd be so much quicker posting if I didn't have to keep correcting my typos Rolling Eyes from my 1-fingered typing.

LOL I guess they didn't teach computers in school in your days!

Typos are one thing. The then/ than, etc. suprise me the most. It has nothing to do with the age of the posters, unless you are referring to "underage" posters here.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics