Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Please help me organize my house

goodgirl

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 8:57 am
I am moving soon and I need help with organizing. I am moving to a house that my living room will serve as my playroom as well. I need places to store toys but something that will also not stand out against my furniture (think bright pink toy boxes..) I am getting a leather ottamon which is really a toy box, but that is only good for dolls and things not with little pieces. what should I get for books, puzzles, small mentchies etc??? rubbermaid bins?? please help!!!
thanx!!

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 9:05 am
goodgirl wrote:
I am moving soon and I need help with organizing. I am moving to a house that my living room will serve as my playroom as well. I need places to store toys but something that will also not stand out against my furniture (think bright pink toy boxes..) I am getting a leather ottamon which is really a toy box, but that is only good for dolls and things not with little pieces. what should I get for books, puzzles, small mentchies etc??? rubbermaid bins?? please help!!!
thanx!!
Depends on how much you have. We like the plastic 3 drawer thingies.

zigi

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 9:10 am
you can get a book case and put toys in wicker or leather look baskets,

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....86200

these have a cover

Last edited by zigi on Sun, Jul 12 2009, 9:16 am; edited 2 times in total

goodgirl

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 9:11 am
thanx for answring. I dont like how they look in my living room, because I want it to be more like part of the furniture.. am I making sense? yes, there are toys all over, but I would rather a wood looking storage something as opposed to plastic...

goodgirl

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 9:13 am
zigi, I was thinking about that, but I feel like that is just as messy.. because its an open box, so anythign can be thrown in...I want it to look really organized, separate containers for each....

momtomany

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 6:22 pm
get a nice wooden cabinet with doors you can close, that matches your dining room. you can put whatever kind of boxes inside and just close the doors and nnone even has to know its for toys.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics