Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Old City for Shabbos

risa

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 10:56 pm
My husband and I are planning a trip to Israel right before RH or right after Simchas Torah. We have a place to stay but I would like the opportunity to be in the Old City for Shabbos. Does anyone know how I would go about making that happen?

Merrymom

Post Thu, Jul 16 2009, 12:48 am
There are no hostels or hotels for married people within the city walls. You can speak to a realtor or ask a friend to check the bulletin board there as there are always owners renting out for a short term lease (anywhere from a few days to a few months). If they don't require a deposit you should be aware that they can cancel on you at the last minute because these are all private homeowners/renters who are just trying to make some extra cash while they are away over the chagim so try to get someone that requires a deposit.

There are several hotels across from the Old City as well as a couple of neighborhoods. It's a beautiful walk but some people are uncomfortable going through the gates late at night.

As far as meals go, you really have to know somebody or somebody who knows somebody or else just make your own. In any case it's well worth the effort as it is really beautiful there and very unique.

(A former Old City resident)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions