Home

Left chicken soup out last night for 5 hours

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report offensive ad

kinderCK

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 17 2009, 9:25 am       Post subject: left chicken soup out last night for 5 hours
hi.. I make my chicken soup thurs nite and forgot to put it in the fridge when I woke up at a bout 1:30am .. remembered at 4 ish.. The soup was still kind of warmish since it was so hot last night. I put it inthe fridge and I really don't want to toss it. Will it smell bad if it's bad? would you use it tonite? thx.

pinktichel

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 17 2009, 9:29 am       Post subject: re: left chicken soup out last night for 5 hours
I think it's fine, as long as it was piping hot when you took it off the stove. I often let my soup cool while I go to bed. I just set my alarm for a few hrs later and put it in the fridge.

SV

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 17 2009, 9:57 am       Post subject: re: left chicken soup out last night for 5 hours
I also do this all the time. I lechatchila leave it overnight ot cool. I usually turn it off around 1130-12 and put it in the fridge around 6. Never had any problems. ( I would only be slightly worried if the kitchen area gets hot at night, like no AC or something like that).

kinderCK

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 17 2009, 10:04 am       Post subject: re: left chicken soup out last night for 5 hours
right. so last night was the first night this summer that we really needed the AC over night and it was warm in the kitchen.. That's why I'm a bit concerned..
maybe I'll try some this afternoon and I feel ok and it tastes good, I'll just go ahead and use it.. I also have done this before but the soup is quite cool once the morning comes..

mynameismom

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 17 2009, 10:09 am       Post subject: re: left chicken soup out last night for 5 hours
Bring it to a boil for a couple of minutes and it should be fine.

maidale

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 17 2009, 10:15 am       Post subject: re: left chicken soup out last night for 5 hours
5 hours is 100% fine. It can take that long for the soup to completely cool off. I'd definitely use it without problem.

kinderCK

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 17 2009, 10:34 am       Post subject: re: left chicken soup out last night for 5 hours
Thank you all. you eased my mind and I really don't like throwing out food and starting over!!
have a great Shabbos!!!

sv9506

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 17 2009, 10:38 am       Post subject: re: left chicken soup out last night for 5 hours
It should definitely be fine.

A lot of times, I make my chicken soup late on Thurs night (and just turn it off right before I go to bed) but since I don't want to put it in the fridge boiling hot, I put it in when I wake up the next morning. It always tastes fine.

orchidmom

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 17 2009, 12:28 pm       Post subject: re: left chicken soup out last night for 5 hours
100% fine, I have done it a few times and nothing happened.

enjoy it!! Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Page 1 of 1