Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How much do you tip day camp counselors?

Mommy F.

Post Fri, Jul 17 2009, 12:12 pm
Do you tip just your kid's counselor? Or also the head councelor?

How much do you tip? My kids go to a full day of camp and the camp was 6 weeks long?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Do you give money or a gift card or a gift?

Twizzlers

Post Fri, Jul 17 2009, 1:19 pm
As a counselor of many years, and now, bh the mother of a camper, I say it depends. Yes its nice to give hakaras hatov. But the amount to give really depends on the situation. Should you give to the counselor of your 3 year old who helped toilet train your kid the same as the counselor of your 12 year old who didnt even know her counselors name until tipping day? Obviously not.
As a counselor, I always appreciated the cash the most. Most of the "gifts" I received were really not useful although I'm sure the giver intended them to be.

All that being said, I still dont know how much I will give my son's counselors....waiting to hear more responses.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jul 17 2009, 1:24 pm
No one ever tipped the camp/scout/whatever counselors or the director anywhere I went or heard of (and I just asked my husband who has been a counselor for years in Orthodox and ultra Orthodox camps after years of himself going....).

Raisin

Post Fri, Jul 17 2009, 3:11 pm
Ruchel wrote:
No one ever tipped the camp/scout/whatever counselors or the director anywhere I went or heard of (and I just asked my husband who has been a counselor for years in Orthodox and ultra Orthodox camps after years of himself going....).

its not done in european camps at all. but also camps are often shorter here.

cookielady

Post Fri, Jul 17 2009, 3:36 pm
I have always tipped for day camp. For 6 weeks, I would probably give 25--30 each counselor. I think money is appreciated more than a gift.

QUEENY

Post Fri, Jul 17 2009, 3:48 pm
My kids camp suggests 36.00 for an eight week program so you can probaly give 30.00 and the jc's I would give 20.00.I never tip the head counselor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers