Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Online Masters Program

EsaEinai

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 2:36 pm
I noticed someone started a thread about online college, but I'm particularly interested in online masters programs. Its not my ideal- I would much prefer to go to a respected university and sit in on the classes in person. At this point in my life, however, it seems that would be nearly impossible. The programs I'm interested in are full time 9-5 for 2 years and I'm not willing to make that commitment at the expense of my family.

Anyway, has anyone here had any experience with any online masters programs? if so, which? And can you please offer some feedback?

Sherri

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 2:43 pm
I'd be interested in "hearing", too.

QUEENY

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 3:10 pm
I only need three graduate courses for my license in Sp. ed. I am doing them through Touro online. The two classes I am taking now are aaaaaaaaalot of work. I am able to keep up with my classess because all my kids are in day camp. In the fall I took one class and managed to do my work on Sundays while my husband watch the kids. Doing it online gives me the opportunity to complete my work anytime that I have free time. I am so glad I don't have to commit to go to class it would have been very hard on my family. The only thing I don't like about it, is you miss out on hearing teachers talk about their experiences and your classmates too. Alot of info comes from the readings and articles online. Also I would not take more than two classes a semester if you have family responsibilities.

mominisrael2

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 5:35 am
I can only comment on the one I did, but I got a master's in library science through a program that was about 2/3 online -- it worked out great for me since I had a newborn at the time and there also would have been problems with shabbat if I had done the "regular" program. It was an amazing experience, I learned a ton and would highly recommend it.

mominisrael2

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 5:45 am
QUEENY wrote:
The only thing I don't like about it, is you miss out on hearing teachers talk about their experiences and your classmates too.

Not necessarily -- at least one of my classes employed the use of webcasts -- the teacher would post audio files of the lectures and then we'd listen to them, read the readings and then each student would be required to post once a day on that week's topic to keep up the discussion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics