Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Messianic Jews
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 1:01 am
Be true is the campus oriented program- one program they run, I have no idea what happened to the other website, maybe it is under construction.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 2:44 am
I personally know one case in which a bachur from a frum home - yeshiva education - was pulled in by a messianic group like this, and I am quite sure there are more. Kiruv is nice, but I don't think anyone thinks it should be done if there is even a remote possibilty of harming one's family.

alpidarkomama

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 2:49 am
amother wrote:
I disagree with the not letting this girl come into your house!
You have a huge opportunity here to save this girl.

But it might be at the family's expense. I personally wouldn't risk it with my children. Now if it were just us grownups, and it seemed like an outreach opportunity I might have her for shabbos dinner or something. Might. But definitely not as a live-in. My husband guards our threshold! Smile And so do I.

gryp

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 9:58 am
amother wrote:
I disagree with the not letting this girl come into your house!
You have a huge opportunity here to save this girl. I would recommend avoiding the subject until she brings it up, and just show her how we perceive Torah, why we beleive in the Oral tradition (Which bashes the possibility of J. being Moshiach), but not explicitly attack her (unless she asks obviously). If she wants to debate scriptures (As they call it) I recommend listening to Rabbi Tovia Singer's shiurim which address the major issues brought forth by these ppl, I.e. proves from the Torah that he had to be moshiach, that blood atones for sin (they use Vayikrah to do that) etc, check:
http://www.outreachjudaism.org/
it is very informative and can help you very much. Of course ask your Rav in any case.

Yi"h You should have nothing but hatzlacha in saving this girl's life.... Smile Smile Hug Hug

Any "missionary-expert" will tell you NOT to engage them in dialogue about beliefs.

There are people trained to do this, and they are the only ones who should be involved in it, IMO. Missionaries should not be in anyone's house and especially not around anyone's kids.

When I was a kid, they used to come around the neighborhood every Easter. My father used to give it to them every time they came knocking on our door. LOL

mommyofnineka

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 10:42 am
Thanks for everyone's input! I am trying to find out if her mother is Jewish by birth and then I'll see how to proceed.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics