Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Help terrible diaper rash!
1  2  Next

sun

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 7:30 pm
My little boy has a terrible diaper rash (bleeding a little) for the last few days that doesn't go away..
I tried balmex already
Any ideas what I can do?

gold21

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 7:41 pm
do you have bactroban in the house? I just called my ped today about this same issue, and she recommended bactroban and then diaper cream on top of that. bactroban is an antibacterial cream, and wil work on rashes caused by bacteria.

sun

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 7:47 pm
I'll try it..
Thanks for the advice!

progressisperfection

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 7:49 pm
Make sure it's not a yeast infection (red bumpy dots) the only thing that will take care of it is a cream specifically made for that (Nystatin or Lotrimin AF) ask your Dr. which to use. If it is yeast put on the cream and then a thick layer of Balmex or Desitin - good luck!
If it's not yeast have you tried triple paste or Butt Cream (funny name but it's a great product)

amother

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 7:49 pm
IT could also be yeast. Make an appt with your ped. You can try over the counter generic brand clotrimazole. IT works wonders for a yeast rash.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 7:53 pm
Ditto for Butt Paste- crazy name, amazing product. My ped recommends for an extremely bad rash precription bacitracin alternating with an antifungal cream, like lotrisome OTC

amother

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 8:15 pm
another butt paste vote!!!!

sun

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 8:25 pm
Ok this butt paste is over the counter? If yes where can I buy it?

Blue jay

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 8:29 pm
keep the area dry as possible. Use cornstarch baby powder between changing and triple paste, expensive but it works!Also let your baby be bare bottomed for some time to let the skin breathe, just keep him on top of a towel.

boruchhashem

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 8:53 pm
butt paste can be bought in all sizes at......where else but Walmart Wink

amother

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 9:01 pm
alot of the heimishe pharmacies have it as well

amother

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 9:08 pm
Have you been giving your little one blueberries? That's what gives my baby diaper rash. Just thought I'd add that, in case you could solve the problem before it starts...

mommy best

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 9:31 pm
ask your dr abt vusion cream its antibactiral and antifungal great also you can try malanta or corn starch

SomebodyElse

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 9:49 pm
Corn starch was the only thing that worked for us.

Nomad

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 9:51 pm
oy, poor baby...

I agree with above posters to have doc check that its not yeast. that needs a special prescription cream. Although in the meantime, you could try Monistat (for vaginal yeast infections) and see if that works

if it is not yeast, I also recommend Bactroban cause that helps it heal...in the meantime, you can use over the counter antibiotic cream.

also, as far as powders go, ive found that they actually make things worse. when they dry and clump up, its a lot harder to wipe them off. you have to wipe harder and it becomes more irritating.

Also, try to wash his tush under the sink or in bathtub. The wiping motion itself may be making the rash more irritated.

the thing that has worked best for me in the past though is..Naked Time! I roll up the carpet and follow my kid around the house with a towel (theres no way he would sit still on one)

Also, baths with soap are good to dry out the tushy area

good luck!

Nomad

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 9:52 pm
OP, can you also say what caused the rash or how did it start? cause that can give clues on how to treat it

sun

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 10:02 pm
I was recently by the dr. And then he had a little rash.. The dr. Said that it is a rash and fungis so he prescribed a cream which helped a little, but yesterday it started to become worse.

That's the story..

amother

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 10:09 pm
Butt Paste all the way!!! Works for us every time

avimom

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 10:42 pm
My dermatologist recommended a powder for DS when he had a terrible rash once and now we use it all the time- Zeosorb. I think it was more for a rash caused by wetness.

Pizza

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 1:38 am
naked naked naked is the way to go
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics