Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Pushchair for newborn and toddler

ais567

Post Sun, Jul 26 2009, 2:23 pm
My toddler will be 2 and a half when I have my baby I''yh, therefore I think it's not worth I for me to get a regular double pushchair cause wont use it too much.
But I'm looking to get something that can be used for the newborn alone and then has the option of adding on a jump seat or something for the toddler, something like the baby jogger city.
Basically the baby jogger is my only option for now, but was wondering if anyone has any similar suggestions as I want to compare, and am not crazy for it anyway.

sky

Post Sun, Jul 26 2009, 5:37 pm
Do you do a lot of walking and are you going to be putting it in and out of your car often.

I have the Phil and Ted and find it to be great for 2 kids. It can a single and a double. It is not the greatest stroller, it has some negatives, but overall I think it is a great stroller.

I would not get it if I was taking in and out of my car often.

Ronit

Post Sun, Jul 26 2009, 6:09 pm
check this out - uppa baby single vista w/ the rumble seat. I saw it once IRL & it looked adorable. I know plenty of pple who have it w/o the seat.

http://www.uppababy.com/produc.....id=91

I have the phil & teds vibe & I am very happy with it. It goes great in the car w/ both seats attached & has an option to use as a single, but I find it a bit big for a single & prefer my bugaboo over that when I go out w/ only one.

http://www.philandteds.com/vibe_index.htm

you can always go w/ a board attachment too.

Marion

Post Sun, Jul 26 2009, 10:30 pm
What about just adding a BuggyBoard to your single stroller? I think they run about 80 GBP. Otherwise a sit-n-stand type stroller?

ais567

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 3:46 am
thanks everyone for your replies, but, firstly dont want to use a board for the toddler to stand on, cause my toddler will be on the street all the time.
Also these phil and ted ones are not up my street, they are more officially for both children, cant use it with just one seat cause the other stays empty, I wanted something that when you use one seat, you dont schlep along the other. and also the one sitting underneath, all she sees is the back of the front seat - nebech!!!
any other suggestions?????

ais567

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 3:49 am
[quote="hadassa"]check this out - uppa baby single vista w/ the rumble seat. I saw it once IRL & it looked adorable. I know plenty of pple who have it w/o the seat.

so this si basically like the phil and ted, one seat on top of the other, the difference is only the style and the brand, am I right?

sky

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 7:21 am
ais567 wrote:
thanks everyone for your replies, but, firstly dont want to use a board for the toddler to stand on, cause my toddler will be on the street all the time.
Also these phil and ted ones are not up my street, they are more officially for both children, cant use it with just one seat cause the other stays empty, I wanted something that when you use one seat, you dont schlep along the other. and also the one sitting underneath, all she sees is the back of the front seat - nebech!!!
any other suggestions?????

The second seat on the Phil and Ted is removable and configurable for an infant toddler or 2 toddler configuration, infant only, or toddler only configurations. I sometimes use mine with only one seat when my toddler wants to walk.
The child sitting in the back you have to be comfortable with. Both of my kids like the back seat. Its like sitting in a minivan. They may not be able to see out the front window-but they can see out the side window.

sky

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 7:22 am
[quote="ais567"]
hadassa wrote:
check this out - uppa baby single vista w/ the rumble seat. I saw it once IRL & it looked adorable. I know plenty of pple who have it w/o the seat.

so this si basically like the phil and ted, one seat on top of the other, the difference is only the style and the brand, am I right?

I haven't seen it - but from what I understand the back seat is higher off the ground then the Phil and Ted.

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 7:52 am
I love my phil and ted sport!

bbmom

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 8:10 am
[quote="ais567"]
hadassa wrote:

One major difference- the two seats can face each other. Also the second seat attaches and detaches in seconds - it just clips on and off (think snap n go type) so it should be pretty easy to leave the second seat off when you don't want to use it.

Rodent

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 11:08 pm
ABC Adventure Buggy!!!!

http://www.gobubbago.com.au/in.....id=26
(This is an Australian distributor so you may need to ignore prices etc)

There are 2 types of toddler seats available but I prefer this style as it can be reclined and has a higher weight limit.

We've just ordered a triple ourselves, should arrive any day. Can't wait!

momoswyf

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 3:17 pm
I have a 20 month old and a 2 month old and I got the single valco with the toddler seat. I am very happy with it. It is a great single stroller and an okay double. Yes, it can be hard to manuver at times and you have to watch that is does not tip, but otherwise it is great. I use it for walking to shul and around the 'hood. I got it for a steal though--only 350 total new, so if I would have spent 500 for it, I might not be so thrilled. Shop around for steals.

Tova

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 6:04 pm
Rodent, it looks adorable!

Very innovative.

Ronit

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 6:10 pm
[quote="ais567"]
hadassa wrote:

Basicly same idea.

I have the phil & ted vibe but when I saw the uppababy I liked the look better, but I think the phill is more practiccal.

Both can be used as a single & both seats come off easily & fast.

The differences is like someone said- that the uppa can face both kids to eachother
Also:
uppa 2nd seat doesn't recline & phill does. (my kids both sleep in it fine)
uppa 2nd seat has a hood while phill hood doesn't cover both kids that well.
uppa needs to remove 2nd seat in order to fold while phill vibe folds w/ both seats attached.
uppa 2nd kid is higher while phill is closer to the ground.
uppa basket is bigger & more accesible.
uppa has an option later on to add a buggy board which isn't possible w/ the phil & teds when both seats are on.

Main thing that I miss from p&t that I like on the Uppa baby is the look of it & that the baby can be facing you. I'm so used to my bugaboo that I used mostly in that position
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics