Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby is suddenly not napping anymore & not sleeping?

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 10:42 pm
My baby is almost 9 months old. In the last 2 weeks she went form sleeping 12 hours plus 2 long naps by day – to – no naps by day, and fighting till 1am to go to sleep. Mah zeh? None of my kids ever did this. I don’t understand and I’m davening it’s just a stage.

mandksima

Post Fri, Jul 31 2009, 7:43 am
ShakleeMom wrote:
My baby is almost 9 months old. In the last 2 weeks she went form sleeping 12 hours plus 2 long naps by day – to – no naps by day, and fighting till 1am to go to sleep. Mah zeh? None of my kids ever did this. I don’t understand and I’m davening it’s just a stage.

If she's still under warranty - return her. Maybe they have another model that does what you tell it to. LOL

My baby also tries to pull an all-nighter. If he weren't so cute, I'd be mad at him. But he just shrieks and crawls somewhere and giggles at 11PM. What do I need other entertainment for? He sleeps pretty soundly from 11PM (sometimes 10PM) to around 7AM (sometimes waking up at 5AM for some water) and he naps 2 times but they could be anywhere from 10 min to 1 1/2 hours. He surprises me daily. He USED to sleep a lot more but then he saw how nice and quiet the house is after 9PM and is enjoying the fun. He's smart that way.

Honestly, my older dd is like that and doesn't sleep so much. My older ds sleeps so much more and they are twins. I think your little girl is trying to break the family mold and be her own person.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jul 31 2009, 7:53 am
Ear infection?

DD did this to me around then, and it turned out it was an ear infection, but I had no idea (bc she wasn't shrieking in pain or pulling at her ear, etc.).

I sufferred unnecessarily for weeks before it was caught at a check up. Have you had the dr. check her out?

IMHO, the return to sleep and seder was worth the time and the copays.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jul 31 2009, 10:09 am
mandksima wrote:

If she's still under warranty - return her. Maybe they have another model that does what you tell it to. LOL
OUCH - my eyes and brain hurt reading this terrible non-joke. Sorry for the offense.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Jul 31 2009, 11:01 am
Mama Bear wrote:
mandksima wrote:

OUCH - my eyes and brain hurt reading this terrible non-joke. Sorry for the offense.

but I get it.... painfully.

Well, we checked her ears this morning. Clear. Arggggggggggg

my question is, why so suddenly.

mandksima

Post Sat, Aug 01 2009, 4:52 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
mandksima wrote:

My sarcasm was meant to show how we are given that particular child for a reason and babies don't play by the rules. Sorry if it sounded too "in bad taste" for you. Knowing that I have had fertility issues plus special needs kids, my joke was coming from a "been there, done that" perspective. Not sure which part offended you.

ShakleeMom

Post Sat, Aug 01 2009, 11:50 pm
mandksima, I got it. It's okay.

supermama2

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 7:03 pm
Did you get this resolved? Your baby IS a female and we ARE unpredictable like that ja' know..How are you doing?

Mommy F.

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 7:08 pm
Maybe she's teething? Does she have teeth yet? How many? Usually the first 2 are the worst.
And teething can last weeks if not months. Is she eating enough?

I hope she gets back onto schedule soon!

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 7:40 pm
Nope, no more napping, maybe sometimes she'll give me an hour or so during the day. B'H though she's having a growth spurt and eating tons now so she does go to sleep at 7-7... on good days. Weird stuff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics