Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
BDE- R' Zelig Epstein

cassandra

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 5:36 pm
A true gadol b'Yisrael. They don't make them like this anymore.

My husband was lucky enough to learn by him for a period of time. I'd love to hear others who have had positive memories and experiences....

suomynona

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 12:26 am
My husband was a close talmid of his and had many conversations with him. I only met him once briefly, but have felt his influence indirectly since I was married. Definitely one of a kind in today's generation.

binayeseira

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 6:30 am
My family was extemely close to R' Zelig zttzl. I can't begin to tell you the positive impact the Rosh Yeshiva had on our family. A true gadol a tzaddik beyond compare. The most outstanding thing about the RY was his overwhelming anivus despite the fact that he was both brillliant wise. All the gedolim of this and past generation (R' Shach , R' Elyashiv R' pam Ztzl etc.) consulted with him yet he was not a known name outside the yeshiva world. He never allowed his yeshiva to take money from anyone or from anywhere unless he knew it was 100% above board kosher. I have personal knowledge of his rightiousnes and integredy and his humbleness. Zacher Tzadikk Lebrach, zechus yogen alaynu

sped

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 7:21 am
Is he here in E"Y? Anyone know if, where and when there is a levayah for him here? Thanks

Mrs.K

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 7:31 am
sped wrote:
Is he here in E"Y? Anyone know if, where and when there is a levayah for him here? Thanks

It's at the Mir at 3PM today.

Tzippora

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 7:33 am
He was one of my father's favorite rebbeim and was my parents' mesader kiddushin. Was very sorry to hear about this... from everything I understand, he was one of the very good ones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics