Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Finding tznius shabbos clothes O.O.T.- any online ideas?

soraya

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 2:30 pm
I am in desperate need for a 2 or 3 summery shabbos suits, and am at a loss. Here's the deal:

I prefer to wear a suit on shabbos, not a skirt and a twinset or something.
I don;t live in NY. I am not planning to be there, or Lakewood anytime soon.

I see a lot of suits online, but nothing is really long enough for me, to cover my knees l'chatchila.

I haven't found anything reasonably priced AND 100% tznius in any of the department stores this season.

Does anyone have any suggestions? What do other people live out of town do? FWIW, I don't really have a problem finding weekday clothes around here. I find a lot of things at Lands End or some of the nearby outlet malls. But for shabbos clothes, I am not having so much luck.

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 2:39 pm
I have found nice reasonably priced suits at J C Penney (we have an outlet store here, and I even found a maternity suit there - long skirt, no slit!! I was ecstatic!). But not sure if they have many "summary" suits. I would look at their website.

hisorerus

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 2:41 pm
Their website is not so comprehensive, but Meema is right. JCPenney is a good place to look, last time I was there I saw a bunch of suits.

daisy

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 2:42 pm
I have this outfit I am selling; don't know if it works for you, but figured I would mention it just in case

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....=8544

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 2:59 pm
Do you have a Sym's nearby? They tend to get lightweight suits in thes pring that I wear right into the summer, and often times they around $12 at Bash! I also saw summer dresses for around $30 there last week.

I also order from Appleseeds but you will spend more.

Oh, and I often do some alterations (kickpleats, putting in dickey, etc.) but if I only spent $12 for the outfit, I deem it okay.

Boys"R"Us

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 6:14 pm
I have this link on my choir website that might have something for you...

http://www.fmfcorp.com/familys......html

hth!
Debbie

shoy18

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 6:36 pm
do a google search on tznius b, it gave me a bunch of tznius clothing sites

shopaholic

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 7:21 am
Any dept store sells suits. Not sure how many are posted online though. If you can get to a mall, better. Even though in live "in -town" I still use non Jewish stores to buy my suits, outfits etc.

soraya

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 10:06 am
hi everyone , thanks for those links. A lot of the sites like tznius.com sell more "flowing" clothes, I am really looking for more of a "tailored" suit look.

Mom of 3, I know that department stores sell suits, I just have not been able to find ones that are 100% tznius and cover my knees even when sitting.

On the fmfcorp.com, there are a few links that are more what I am looking for. that site Pueblo traders has a lot of tznius suits. I wonder about the quality, but for those prices, if it lasts you one summer, then you're okay! Orvis has a few nice things, but ouch at those prices! Appleseeds' currently seems to have all the same short suits that all the dept. stores carry.

Syms is a good idea. Last time I was there, they didn't have anything so appropriate for me, but they do have a good selection of stuff, at low prices. I will also check out JC penney's- I have never shopped there, but I will check it out.

just curious- does anyone ever shop at Annie Sez? they are opening one up here, soon. At the one near my parents, you can often find appropriate stuff, but I'm wondering if that's a regional thing?

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 10:16 am
I've bought stuff at Annie Sez, but I don't wear suits, so I've never checked out their suit selection.

I always find stuff there.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 10:51 am
I like Orvis a lot but yeah, they're not cheap at all.

At Sym's, look in the dress and suit section, and don't rule out petites. Sometimes they have more of a selection, even if you're not petite.

You might also look in the pantsuits; if it's cheap enough, you can get it and use the pants for tailoring or wear just the jacket with a skirt you hve already.

MOM222

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 1:21 pm
Did you try talbots?
Why don't you add a panel to a short skirt.
Or I even buy 2 cheap skirts and make 1 skirt out of it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics