Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Lactose intolerence in Israel- Help!

Ezrachar

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 12:57 pm
I'm making Aliyah in two weeks and can't get a straight answer about lactose intolerance. My 2 year old is lactose intolerant. In the States, that means lactose free milk. What does it mean in israel? Is there lactose free milk? Will he have to drink soy? Or Almond? or goat? I am leery about the soy because of the advanced maturing seen with soy. Should I buy out the store's "lactaid" supply to bring with me?

Thanks!

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 1:28 pm
I dont have a solution for you, but I am curious about what you mean by "buying Lactaid". do you mean the lactaid milk? or the pills, and if its the pills how do you give that to your 2 year old? (I have a 16 month old who is lactose intolerant and right now drinks rice dream, but its hard not to feed him any dairy so I'm always looking for options)

cubbie

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 1:49 pm
I have no idea about milk because I've never looked for it but I know that they sell lactose free milk similac here if that's any help.

Ezrachar

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:38 pm
They have drops that you can put in the milk. I am not sure if it is worth it...

dilego

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 3:55 pm
we have shkedia made off almonds and u mix it with water,cause it s a paste,theres goats milk ricesense.any healthfood store should be able to help u out.

Imaonwheels

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 2:00 am
goat's milk is available in the regular supers, as is soy, rice and sometimes almond. Of course they are available in health food stores as well. Because of kashrut issues a products is more likely to be parve for flexibility.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions